Random Chitchat 2012-2016
It seems that writing plugins is one big pain in the ****, especially with the nearly-zero debugging capabilities. I'd like to try to make that a bit easier. I'm writing a support framework so that when a plugin adds a hook, the framework will automatically check if that hook has a callback function and report an error otherwise. Also a Lua stacktrace would be great, but that seems a bit over my Lua skills at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Hook branch has new features! Smile

First, the API finally propagates the BlockMeta on block placement. Note, though, that rewriting that may have caused some errors, please test placing all kinds of blocks and report errors (best do it in the bugtracker, one issue per block type). I've tested only some more difficult code, such as doors and rails, and even those not so much.

Second, the cPluginManager::AddHook() function checks if there is a corresponding callback function in the Lua plugin, and complains into log if there isn't. Plugin authors, rejoice Smile

Third, the Tick() callback has been renamed to OnTick() to match all the other hooks.
Thanks given by:
the chatlog plugin is broken.
Thanks given by:
Fixed in rev 1138, along with DiamondMover, but couldn't test it.
Thanks given by:
i asked my brother if he could make a plugin repository for MCServer. he is trying it and he tries to make it like a copy of the bukkit repository but then with the style of the MCServer main site. its not like you have to use it, it is also a challenge for my brother, becouse he still is learning and likes making sites. he is not sure if he can possibly create it.
Thanks given by:
I started something like that quite a while ago but got bored with itTongue
http://mc-server.org/plugins/
Accounts are integrated with the forum haha
Thanks given by:
This seems a great idea, can't wait for it to come up!

What about something more like BukkitDev, not the forum search tool?
Thanks given by:
BukkitDev - You mean that chaotic website where I cannot find anything anywhere? Wink
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu
I'd say it's easier than the forumsTongue lolep
Thanks given by:
we want to make the it with the exact layout of the MCServer main page. so the main page would look a bit like this:    
and the plugin page like this:     <-- This is just a quick picture to show how we would like to see it. nothing works exept the links on the top.
Thanks given by: