Cuberite Forum
GroupNames - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Plugins (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin Releases (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: GroupNames (/thread-1132.html)

Pages: 1 2

GroupNames - NiLSPACE - 05-18-2013

GroupNames
I recommend using Chatter
Is a plugin that shows the group the player is in in each chat message.    

RE: GroupNames - xoft - 05-18-2013

Does it work with multiple groups? What if a user is in 10 groups, does it have a limit or does it spam the chat with all of them?

RE: GroupNames - NiLSPACE - 05-18-2013

it just makes a list ( Group = Player:GetGroups() ) and then it uses Group[1]. Also i don't realy see a reason why you would want a player with multiple groups ;P

RE: GroupNames - ThuGie - 05-18-2013

What if you dont want your moderators to have vip ?
But one does buy? the rank ? Smile.

(05-18-2013, 10:36 PM)ThuGie Wrote: What if you dont want your moderators to have vip ?
But one does buy? the rank ? Smile.

I don't get it ;(

RE: GroupNames - xoft - 05-18-2013

(05-18-2013, 10:23 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: it just makes a list ( Group = Player:GetGroups() ) and then it uses Group[1]. Also i don't realy see a reason why you would want a player with multiple groups ;P

There might be no reason, but there's a way to do it, so you have to count on it.
I'm not sure now if every player is a member of a group by default, isn't there a case when a player may be a member of zero groups? Your code would fail, then.

For what I know, you might want to have groups "Woodcutters" who are allowed to cut down trees, "Miners" who can dig dirt, stone and ores, and "Builders", who can build stuff (in a limited area, for example a town); and the players would buy membership in the groups. Then it makes perfect sense for a player to be in multiple groups.

I removed my name from the users.ini and it still works, so i think a player always gets assigned to a group.

RE: GroupNames - NiLSPACE - 05-19-2013

(05-18-2013, 10:52 PM)xoft Wrote: For what I know, you might want to have groups "Woodcutters" who are allowed to cut down trees, "Miners" who can dig dirt, stone and ores, and "Builders", who can build stuff (in a limited area, for example a town); and the players would buy membership in the groups. Then it makes perfect sense for a player to be in multiple groups.

then i guess that the first group you enter will be the one that is shown Wink

RE: GroupNames - Link1029 - 10-06-2013

(05-18-2013, 10:18 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: GroupNames
Is a plugin that shows the group the player is in in each chat message.

I cant get it to work, then again my server refuses anybody to get on...idk i tried altering the settings several times...nothing seems to work...help anyone? plz

RE: GroupNames - NiLSPACE - 10-06-2013

It was outdated but It should work fine again. About the server refusing to get on: Do you get an error? Also I've just noticed when you do a restart the server stops accepting new players. I'll post it in github.