Cuberite Forum
Essentials for MCServer (2) - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Plugins (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin Discussion (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Essentials for MCServer (2) (/thread-1457.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - tonibm19 - 04-28-2014

This is xoft and the others, not me.

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - xoft - 04-28-2014

I believe the plugin can be acquired by the "mc-server organization" on GitHub. I'd prefer, though if the plugin had its code polished up so that it could be considered "Exemplary Plugin Code"; and also there are several other Essentials plugins, we want the best. Why don't you guys work together, instead of working against each other?

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - LO1ZB - 04-28-2014

(04-28-2014, 08:42 PM)xoft Wrote: I believe the plugin can be acquired by the "mc-server organization" on GitHub. I'd prefer, though if the plugin had its code polished up so that it could be considered "Exemplary Plugin Code"; and also there are several other Essentials plugins, we want the best. Why don't you guys work together, instead of working against each other?

Working together is a good idea, there are many problems that are stopping me from adding more commands, befor I add new. If anyone is pleased, we have to decide which github repo we use for it.

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - tonibm19 - 04-29-2014

Yes we could work togheter, but I want to work with my code.
Also, what do I have to polish exactly?

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - xoft - 04-29-2014

There are Essentially (pun intended) zero comments on the helper functions - what they do, what params they expect. Also, zero param-checking, so if someone uses the function wrong, they won't know what hit them.
The Homes subsection could use SQLite storage instead of plain files, and messy ones.

I have to say, I'm positively surprised that you picked up the Info.lua way of doing commands. Good job on that Smile

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - tonibm19 - 04-29-2014

Thanks to STR_Warrior

Do you say zero param-checking for functions.lua or commands?
I need to learn SQLite Sad

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - NiLSPACE - 04-29-2014

Speaking of the Info.lua file. You can make the InfoDump file generate an README file. As you can see you can even give each command it's own category

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - xoft - 04-29-2014

I strongly believe that all functions except the command and hook handlers, and the local callbacks, should have a comment saying what the function does, what params it takes and what the return values are. And it should verify its params using assert(). It would have to be a very special-case function to make me consider otherwise.

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - tonibm19 - 05-03-2014

Now I want to adds kits, but I don't know any good way of making configurable kits. Any idea?

RE: Essentials for MCServer (2) - xoft - 05-03-2014

How are kits configured in Bukkit? By editing a file, or by issuing commands in the server?