Cuberite Forum
My version of a plugin repository - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Plugins (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin Discussion (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: My version of a plugin repository (/thread-1591.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: My version of a plugin repository - tigerw - 08-07-2016

Additionally, plugins.cuberite.org now works properly thanks to @bearbin :D

RE: My version of a plugin repository - sphinxc0re - 08-12-2016

@Mathias could you possibly take a shot at the plugin repo design?

RE: My version of a plugin repository - PureTryOut - 08-12-2016

I must say I'm fairly impressed with the repo. Because it doesn't really look good, I didn't expect much of it, but that was until I saw it's Github support!
You can even link organizations, and automatic readme updating with the latest version from the plugin source, it's pretty good!

That design however... It seriously needs a makeover. Something comparable to the main site would be nice. Also look to the Bukkitdev design for ideas.

RE: My version of a plugin repository - Mathias - 08-13-2016

(08-12-2016, 10:49 PM)sphinxc0re Wrote: @Mathias  could you possibly take a shot at the plugin repo design?

If tigerw and others are okay with the idea, I can update the design at some point.

RE: My version of a plugin repository - sphinxc0re - 08-13-2016

Just submit a PR for it. I'm sure it'll be fine Smile

RE: My version of a plugin repository - Seadragon91 - 08-14-2016

Nice done, I love this github support Smile Added my skyblock plugin.

RE: My version of a plugin repository - xoft - 08-15-2016

Looks nice, one thing I miss is sorting - when adding my plugin, the list of repos I have is not sorted and scrolling through all those items is bad UX.

Funny thing about my PluginMemory plugin, I used some custom markup in the Info.lua file, assuming that when the plugin repo was finally created, some kind of markup would be supported; as well as in the (future) plugin manager inside Cuberite's WebAdmin. Now it displays funny in the main page.

You might want to specify which items are visible - feel free to decide to read additional items from Info.lua, and default to some other items when not present. For example, the tile view in the webpage's home could read the "PluginTagLine" property from Info.lua, and if it doesn't exist, read the "Description" (as it does now). In Lua, simply doing
g_PluginInfo.PluginTagLine or g_PluginInfo.Description
would do the trick. Of course, all of these should be documented somewhere so that plugin authors can actually set them.

Any chance of displaying icons for the plugins? Perhaps another entry in Info.lua, pointing to an image file in the plugin's repo.

RE: My version of a plugin repository - xoft - 08-15-2016

When adding a new plugin, not all my repos are listed - I wanted to add the Aliases plugin, but couldn't find it.

RE: My version of a plugin repository - NiLSPACE - 08-15-2016

How strange.. I'm not missing any of my plugins.

RE: My version of a plugin repository - PureTryOut - 08-15-2016

Well it misses all the Cuberite plugins like Core and Coiny. Is somebody going to add them?