Cuberite Forum
Creative Mode - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Creative Mode (/thread-193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Creative Mode - rs2k - 11-02-2011

Creative mode seems to be working really well now. I'm going to put in a server kick when you active the warning and put the server on planet minecraft to see what happens. Running make clean and then make again solved the crashing issues. I'm guessing g++ isn't picking up on all the changes and compiles the project using older objects.

RE: Creative Mode - FakeTruth - 11-02-2011

Actually there's still a big bug in cPlayer.cpp, when a new player joins, the server will crash, I created this bug while preparing the server for multiple worlds. I'm still fixing it.

(11-02-2011, 07:21 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Actually there's still a big bug in cPlayer.cpp, when a new player joins, the server will crash, I created this bug while preparing the server for multiple worlds. I'm still fixing it.

Oh? I haven't had any crashing problems since ran make clean and remade. Then again I've been the only one on and off the server.

Alright, fixed it

Nice, I also just fixed the spawning into the ground bug. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but this works.

Spawning in the ground seems to be an error in the login sequence. The player is supposed to be suspended in the air until it has received a certain packet. In some previous versions of minecraft the player would be stuck in the air until the chunks around the player are received, however now the player starts falling while it has not received the chunks which results in falling into nothingness.

(11-02-2011, 08:24 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Spawning in the ground seems to be an error in the login sequence. The player is supposed to be suspended in the air until it has received a certain packet. In some previous versions of minecraft the player would be stuck in the air until the chunks around the player are received, however now the player starts falling while it has not received the chunks which results in falling into nothingness.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what was causing it, I could tell it was from falling though. I just teleport the player to the top right before the entities become unlocked during the login.

(11-02-2011, 08:30 AM)rs2k Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 08:24 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Spawning in the ground seems to be an error in the login sequence. The player is supposed to be suspended in the air until it has received a certain packet. In some previous versions of minecraft the player would be stuck in the air until the chunks around the player are received, however now the player starts falling while it has not received the chunks which results in falling into nothingness.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what was causing it, I could tell it was from falling though. I just teleport the player to the top right before the entities become unlocked during the login.

No, you teleport the player to the spawn positionTongue That's not right

Oops!
Angel

I had it right the first time I did it, but overwrote the code and did it again in a hurry. lol.

(11-02-2011, 09:39 AM)FakeTruth Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 08:30 AM)rs2k Wrote:

No, you teleport the player to the spawn positionTongue That's not right

Fixed it.