Cuberite Forum
Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. (/thread-195.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - rs2k - 11-05-2011

Hue truckload of svn errors trying to get the newest version uploaded. Sorry about all the extra versions.

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - rs2k - 11-05-2011

I got the converter working on windows, but it runs about 5 times slower than on linux. Not a real problem, it just means your entire worlds will take 5 minutes to convert instead of one.Big Grin

I'll upload the changes when I make them clean and make sure I didn't break anything else getting VB2010 to compile it.

The memory leak does need to be fixed though, once the program hits 2GB it crashes, and that doesn't take too long to happen.

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - FraNkYWIllS - 12-20-2011

That file should help a lot, but you're still missing nbtGetBlocks() ^^
I once wrote an NBT parser, but deleted it after it was no longer needed (and I believe it has bugs), I guess I can dig it up if you want.
If you're wondering what NBT is, it's Notch's own invented gay ass binary tree saving thingy. It's kinda like JSON, but he just had to do it his way..So thank you all...

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - FakeTruth - 12-20-2011

(12-20-2011, 08:23 PM)FraNkYWIllS Wrote: That file should help a lot, but you're still missing nbtGetBlocks() ^^
I once wrote an NBT parser, but deleted it after it was no longer needed (and I believe it has bugs), I guess I can dig it up if you want.
If you're wondering what NBT is, it's Notch's own invented gay ass binary tree saving thingy. It's kinda like JSON, but he just had to do it his way..So thank you all...

To what post are you replying? We know all this already :O

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - xoft - 02-13-2012

You know, there's one thing to the "shitty minecraft format" that makes it much better than MCS's native format - incremental saving.
If you want to save a single chunk, with PAK, you need to overwrite the whole file. With MCR, you overwrite a small portion of the header and replace / append data to the file.

I've been working on supporting multiple world storage formats, right now it should be working (not yet commited because the change is a part of a huge code rewrite aimed at threading rewriting), the PAK files are fully supported (for backward compatibility) and I'm planning on adding the MCR files so that tools written for vanilla minecraft can work with MCS as well.

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - FakeTruth - 02-13-2012

That's true, but there's no reason for MCServer to save a single chunk to a pak file, and it doesn't.

MCServer loads pak files into memory and leaves it there, compressed, so once a pak file is loaded, there's no disk interaction anymore (except when forced to save, no chunks are 'used' in the pak file, or another pak file must be loaded). When a chunk is 'unloaded' it is re-compressed and remains in memory until it is decided that the region/layer/pak file need to be saved.

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - xoft - 02-14-2012

Not anymore Wink Rewritten and soon to be committed.

Actually, there are very good reasons to save chunks frequently:
1, Stability: If a server happens to crash, all the changes are lost
2, Speed: The server that saves a few chunks every other moment doesn't choke to death like the server that saves all chunks at once once in a while

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - FakeTruth - 02-14-2012

You're implying that save frequency affects stability, but it has nothing to do with each other :O If the server saves and crashes without losing data, it's still unstableTongue

The server doesn't choke on saving a single 'region' once in a while either, saving eight regions at once is a different story though.

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - NiLSPACE - 02-15-2012

eh i just saw on the mojang site that mojang will use an new map format they call it: anivil
http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/14/new-minecraft-map-format-anvil/
so you maybe need an new converter.
but they have an converter to download.

RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - FakeTruth - 02-15-2012

Fffffffffffuu!

But cool features!