Cuberite Forum
Protection plugin (with diamond block) - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Plugins (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin Requests (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Protection plugin (with diamond block) (/thread-1968.html)

Protection plugin (with diamond block) - rekatluos - 05-20-2015

Hey guys, i dont know if anything like this exists, though i doubt it ( i checked about 10 pages on the plugins category and found nothing like it).

I do have the Protection plugin, but i do not like the idea that i cant configure how big the area can be + its a bit too complex for normal users. I've also seen "ProtectionBlocks", but again, its not safe to protect EACH block that a player places.

What im asking for is a plugin like those for bukkit where you can place a diamond block and you have a config where you set how big the protect can be (infinite up-down and a set number of blocks in each direction starting from the diamond block).

Is there anything like that ? Or can someone make one ?

P.S: i really love MCServer, now i can finally make a linux server without the headache of needing more RAM, MCServer+ Limit world = a server with enough players on 1 gb of ram, which is awesome.

Keep up the good job guys, after i finish my exams i'll join you in the plugins area as i have a bit of LUA knowledge Smile.

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - DiamondToaster - 05-22-2015

I'll try my hand at it when I finish another task. Smile

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - rekatluos - 05-22-2015

Thanks, looking forward to it ^^.

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - Serial - 05-22-2015

(05-22-2015, 06:47 AM)rekatluos Wrote: Thanks, looking forward to it ^^.

yep this is basically what I said at the end of this post it's illogical to protect ONLY the blocks altered by x player and not protect the air and ground around said altered block it allows for other players to basically break in and steal your loots. build over or under the wall... i mean the only way to prevent that is to build inside a giant cube which again is illogical...Big Grin kodos on suggesting the same thing hope it comes to fruition! I was going to look at lua since I've been using LUA plugins since 2007 and World of Warcraft but I've never actually gone in to it myself to try and make one because in wow everything was already made that I neededTongue anyways here is the thread you should maybe keep this topic in there so we can instead of have multiple protection plugins one that does it all.

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - rekatluos - 05-23-2015

I'd rather keep the discussion in this thread, this way we will not spamm xoft's plugin topic. If he wants to update his plugin with these new features that we've requested we could move the discussion there, though, as i said, it would be easier (and cleaner) here.

If he adds these features to his current plugin, i would however remove the "block placed" protection entirely. It leaves a lot of possibilities for trolls/griefers to mess with someone and it has no limit (yet) to set how many of block protections (per block) you can add. Imagine a land with lots of blocks everywhere and then imagine just a plugin that can add a set number of block protection (a protected square). The second feature will make the first one useless.

My opinion is that a separate plugin is the way to go here. Having a "all-in-one" plugin is also good as long as you can disable some things from it (not add permissions for example), but that would make it useless and a + server load for no reason at all (i have no idea how much "power" a plugin takes on MCServer, but afaik every byte counts).

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - rekatluos - 05-31-2015

Any update on this? anyone working on it ?

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - DiamondToaster - 05-31-2015

I'm a bit busy since I'm nearing final exams at school and relatives are coming over this weekend, but I'll try to start this.

RE: Protection plugin (with diamond block) - rekatluos - 05-31-2015

Oh no worries, just wanted to know if someones still looking at this, i wont start my server without it ^^.

Thanks and gl on your exams, ive got 4 more and im already sick and tired of reading T_T.