Cuberite Forum
Small Error - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Small Error (/thread-389.html)

Pages: 1 2

Small Error - Rankotjuh - 03-12-2012

Hey I'm making a Minecraft Server for someone, and since I prefere Linux over anything else MCServer was the best choice on this point. I got onto the point where the server starts running but it keeps shutting down. I'll include the log.. by the way don't bother the time... I'm a night owl xD
I've already tried to run it without any plugins and emptied the Authentication part, tried to use another name and world, though those things didn help. Could it be a firewall issue maybe? >> opened the port on my firewall, so it's not a port issue.

The Log
{
[00:51:52] --- Started Log ---
[00:51:52] Error (2) opening world/player/

[00:51:52] Creating new server instance...
[00:51:52] cSocketThreads startup
[00:51:52] Starting server...
[00:51:52] Starting up server.
[00:51:52] bind fail (98: Address already in use)
[00:51:52] Failed to start server, shutting down.
}

Thanks in advance

Ranko

RE: Small Error - distroyed123 - 03-12-2012

(03-12-2012, 10:02 AM)Rankotjuh Wrote: Hey I'm making a Minecraft Server for someone, and since I prefere Linux over anything else MCServer was the best choice on this point. I got onto the point where the server starts running but it keeps shutting down. I'll include the log.. by the way don't bother the time... I'm a night owl xD
I've already tried to run it without any plugins and emptied the Authentication part, tried to use another name and world, though those things didn help. Could it be a firewall issue maybe? >> opened the port on my firewall, so it's not a port issue.

The Log
{
[00:51:52] --- Started Log ---
[00:51:52] Error (2) opening world/player/

[00:51:52] Creating new server instance...
[00:51:52] cSocketThreads startup
[00:51:52] Starting server...
[00:51:52] Starting up server.
[00:51:52] bind fail (98: Address already in use)
[00:51:52] Failed to start server, shutting down.
}

Thanks in advance

Ranko

delete the whole world folder(or take it out of the directory) retry and post log

RE: Small Error - ThuGie - 03-12-2012

You might look at the Address already in use.
You sure nobody on that ip is already running a server on the minecraft port Wink.

RE: Small Error - distroyed123 - 03-12-2012

(03-12-2012, 11:06 AM)ThuGie Wrote: You might look at the Address already in use.
You sure nobody on that ip is already running a server on the minecraft port Wink.

that would be the next step =P

RE: Small Error - FakeTruth - 03-12-2012

(03-12-2012, 11:42 AM)distroyed123 Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 11:06 AM)ThuGie Wrote: You might look at the Address already in use.

Should be the first step... It has nothing to do with the world

RE: Small Error - Rankotjuh - 03-13-2012

(03-12-2012, 10:47 PM)FakeTruth Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 11:42 AM)distroyed123 Wrote:

Should be the first step... It has nothing to do with the world

Thanks for the tips guys Smile Well let's say Im the only one in the house that is quite good with computers so I'm the only one that's having a server.. I ran some other mc servers in the past but I formatted my pc, so they should be dead & gone... you think I should just use the addressed port and this is fixed?

RE: Small Error - xoft - 03-13-2012

If you are on windows, go into the commandline (Win+R, "cmd", enter) and run this command: "netstat -na" (without the quotes). It will show you all TCP and UDP ports used on your computer. MCServer uses TCP port 25565 by default, so if it is already taken, it can't use that port.

You can specify a different port in the settings.ini, then MCS will happily use whatever number port you give it, as long as it's free. You'll need to add that port number to the server name when connecting to it with a client, though (so instead of connecting to "myserver", you'll be connecting to "myserver:25564")

RE: Small Error - Rankotjuh - 03-14-2012

(03-13-2012, 06:00 PM)xoft Wrote: If you are on windows, go into the commandline (Win+R, "cmd", enter) and run this command: "netstat -na" (without the quotes). It will show you all TCP and UDP ports used on your computer. MCServer uses TCP port 25565 by default, so if it is already taken, it can't use that port.

You can specify a different port in the settings.ini, then MCS will happily use whatever number port you give it, as long as it's free. You'll need to add that port number to the server name when connecting to it with a client, though (so instead of connecting to "myserver", you'll be connecting to "myserver:25564")

Ok thanks for the info. I find it still kind of weird that the only MC server on my network can't go by the default port but maybe that's just me. I just checked my Windows 7 PC (on which I had some other MC servers and port 25565 is not in the netstat -na list.. I just checked the NAT mapping table of my Arcadyan Modemrouter combi and can say for sure that 25565 is not in there on neither of my IP's. So why it says the address is in use remains a riddle, but I'll try another port. Again many thanks for the hints & tips Smile

Ranko

RE: Small Error - FakeTruth - 03-14-2012

Does the official server work on that port?

RE: Small Error - Rankotjuh - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 08:42 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Does the official server work on that port?

I ran the official server way back ago, and it ran without a hinch, only some crappy Java error but it was fixed with installing some Java developer software. Though my friends stopped playing minecraft, after that I formatted my PC so this is the only server, I can try the official if you would like me to though I don't think it's gonna work on Linux by itself... but I'll figure that out Smile

Btw you might want to take a look on your "write to log" function, I have a Logs map containing 15 items with an amount of 113 GB... kinda huge for some text files don't you think?Tongue edit: I just checked, and it's one single log file, it seems to be the last one the server created and it's for 90% filled with the sentence: server console command: ".
Aditional Info: OS: Ubuntu Server 11.10 (x64)
downloaded version MC-server: mcserver_r300-ubuntu10.04-x64.tar.gz.

Which kinda brings me to the next question, I'm learning C++ to myself and I'm starting to understand it quite well. I found a read only link for the source code on your site but is there any chance I could get the source code on my local machine so I could read it with a code editor? It would really make things easier.

EDIT: [SOLVED] used port 22546, server bound to port and is running, thanks for all the helpBig Grin