Cuberite Forum
Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation (/thread-409.html)

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 06-12-2012

SprinkleSmallFoliage generator (responsible for long grass placement) isn't biome-aware. Eventually, it should get a biome-aware counterpart, but it's not too high on the priorities list.

I think we should remove Mushroom biomes from the DistortedVoronoi's default biome list altogether. Leave it for yet another generator, a better one, that can place Mushroom biomes into oceans only Smile

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-12-2012

and are you working on that new generator? Smile Smile Smile xD

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 06-12-2012

No, I'm working on enabling plugins to intercept and manipulate crafting recipes.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-12-2012

can you also add the feature that let cactus dissapear when they are next to a non transparant block?

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-14-2012

muchrooms spawn in mushroom biome. probably needs to be added in SprinkleFoliage finisher.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-14-2012

can the defauld world.ini also be with:
[Storage]
Schema=Anvil

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-19-2012

can dungeons be generated in the current cave?? becouse i think the Marblecaves are not able to spawn dungeons propperly (they would hang out of the caves or float inside it) but thats what i think.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 06-19-2012

That is a question - do we split cave generation and dungeon generation (when we have them), or do we keep them as a single unit?
Splitting them would mean you could have caves without any dungeons or dungeons without any caves (or with other kinds of caves). But only if they were together could they cooperate so that there was a cave entrance to every dungeon, like Vanilla makes.
Personally, I'm for splitting - who needs entrances when you have a pickaxe, and it could be even tweaked in somehow later.

Now to the real problem - spawners in dungeons Wink Spawners need to spawn mobs. Mobs need proper AI. We ain't got a t**d

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-19-2012

i think splitting is the best option just like you say. and maybe can you also edit or add another cave structure. becouse you said that the Marblecaves uses 30% of the speed of the terrain generation. if you create caves that is a bit more like vanilla minecraft would it not be easier to add dungeons and have a faster terain generation?

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 06-19-2012

I plan on doing the "right" caves, too, some day.