Cuberite Forum
Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation (/thread-409.html)

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 11:36 PM)xoft Wrote: Are those "stolen" from vanilla? We cannot do that. We need to build our own; even if they look the same, they need to be traceable back to our work. We don't want Mojang to come after us because of stolen stuff, do we?

Realy we can't use the same structures? ;O Then i'l use my imagination and create something Smile

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 06-26-2013

We could use the same structures, if we can prove that we built them - that is, we have a world, where the structures are laid out in a square grid (a world definitely not generated by vanilla)

Call me paranoid, but I've already been bitten by the copyright law and I don't want to get bitten again.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 06-26-2013

I Finished my first custom build Wink Its the Desert temple

Seems like mybb doesn't like my screenshot ;(

JungleTemple:

You should "wrap" your structure in some kind of a NOP block. When the structure is merged into the world, it needs to know where to keep the original blocks - such as outside the rounded corners.

I personally use sponge, because that's a block that still exists in MC but isn't used anywhere at all.

Why do people love super-dark screenshots so much? "Wow, yeah, a black rectangle, kudos!" wtf?

(06-26-2013, 12:55 AM)xoft Wrote: Why do people love super-dark screenshots so much? "Wow, yeah, a black rectangle, kudos!" wtf?

I know but I can't use night vision potions in MCServer Wink

Code:
/time set day
Or just a torch or two

I've added sponges to the desert temple. With the jungle temple I think its better if the normal terrain could overlaps all the air.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 07-07-2013

Aren't Strongholds basically the same as Mineshafts? They have one starting point. The Mineshaft has the dirt room and the stronghold has the portal room and they have branches around them with sometimes chests.
EDIT:
One big difference is that there are only 3 strongholds in one world.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 07-07-2013

They basically are. And I was thinking that we could have more strongholds than just three.

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 07-07-2013

It would be awsome if it was configurable.