Cuberite Forum
Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation (/thread-409.html)

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - NiLSPACE - 05-28-2012

maybe can you add some examples in the wiki of with all the things that you can configurate Smile but anyway thanksBig Grin
Wow the new biome generator is awesome!

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - FakeTruth - 05-28-2012

Fancy pantsy documentation you got right there

RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - xoft - 05-28-2012

Glad you like it (both the generator and the docs Wink )

I thought that making the documentation up to date will reward us in having a bit more people try this server and therefore more potential developers, a thing we desperately need if we want to stay on top of things.

i think if MC-Server has an new AI for mobs more people would try MC-Server (same is for redstone)

Redstone and AI are parts that I'm not comfortable touching Wink Not yet, at least. So I'll stick to what I can do best - world generation and overall performance boosting Smile
You might have noticed that world generation got several major gifts today - voronoi biomes, snow finisher, ice finisher...

yea and i love itBig Grin
can you edit the world.ini file becouse when MC-Server generates it the old world.ini is generated:
[SpawnPosition]
X=285.000000
Y=256.000000
Z=458.000000

[GameMode]
GameMode=1

[Storage]
Schema=Default

[Seed]
Seed=1038005552

now the only thing that should be added is Sand in Deserts and Cactus on top Smile

There is no "old" and "new" world.ini. If the values are missing, MCServer simply uses defaults for those values. the defaults are:
BiomeGen=Constant
HeightGen=Classic
CompositionGen=Classic
Structures=Trees,MarbleCaves,OreNests
Finishers=SprinkleFoliage

The defaults are set so that the world generation doesn't change from the previous versions of MCServer. We don't want to break people's worlds just because they didn't set some settings that have just been introduced.

(05-28-2012, 03:55 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: now the only thing that should be added is Sand in Deserts and Cactus on top Smile

oh and mycelium on muschroomisland biome
perhaps can you add those big muschroom and add them in the trees structures Smile

(05-28-2012, 04:08 AM)xoft Wrote: There is no "old" and "new" world.ini. If the values are missing, MCServer simply uses defaults for those values. the defaults are:
BiomeGen=Constant
HeightGen=Classic
CompositionGen=Classic
Structures=Trees,MarbleCaves,OreNests
Finishers=SprinkleFoliage

The defaults are set so that the world generation doesn't change from the previous versions of MCServer. We don't want to break people's worlds just because they didn't set some settings that have just been introduced.

maybe can you add thos values in the world.ini when it's generated

now long grass is generated could farming be added Smile