SkyBlock v3
SkyBlock lua plugin for the c++ mc server.

Description
This plugin creates islands for players, where player can build up stuff with that what they have on the island.
There is one world named by default skyblock (now changeable), has to be added manually to the settings.ini (See the Installation-section)
The players gets an island with an distance of by default 96 blocks in every direction to the next island.
The spawn is only a small area of blocks.

Config.ini
Contains settings and internal plugin variables.
Island number: A value that gets increased and used to calculate the position of an new island. Start should be 0
Island distance: Default 96 blocks. Is the distance between the islands and to the spawn.

To island distance. Please use now a number that is a factor of 16, is easier to use for regenerating chunks. If you still use 100, no worries. It will then not remove all blocks in your island area, if you restart your island.

Github
https://github.com/Seadragon91/SkyBlock

Installation
  1. Add a world named skyblock in the settings.ini, small letters
  2. In the Plugins folder, create a folder named SkyBlock and add all files from the github page
  3. Start server and happy playing Smile

Schematics
  • Added default island.schematic
  • Added default spawn.schematic
If you want to create a own schematic, the offset position, where you run //copy (WorldEdit), will be the location on which the player should spawn.

Challenges
Look into the Challenges.ini how to make challenges. If you add challenges, check that you have added the correct item type for the items. To check if a item type is valid, use the in game command:
  • /give <player> <item:data value> <amount>

Commands
  • /skyblock help - Shows the command list
  • /skyblock join - Join the skyblock world
  • /skyblock play - Get and island and start building
  • /skyblock recreate - Recreate the spawn from schematic file

• /challenges - List all challenges
  • /challenges info <name> - Shows informations to the challenge
  • /challenges complete <name> - Complete the challenge
  • /challenges check <name> <req,rew> [rpt] - Get the items and check if they are correct (rpt = repeatable)

• /island home - Teleport back to your home location of the island
  • /island home set - Change home location on island
  • /island obsidian - Change obsidian backt to lava
  • /island add <player> - Add player to your friend list
  • /island remove <player> - Remove player from your friend list
  • /island join <player> - Teleport to a friends island
  • /island list - List your friends and islands who you can join
  • /island restart - Start an new island

Permissions
  • skyblock.command for the commands.
  • skyblock.admin.build for interacting in other player islands.
  • challenges.admin.check for the command /challenges check <name> <req,rew> [rpt]
  • skyblock.admin.recreate for the command /skyblock recreate

Added features
  • challenges - improving this
  • schematics for islands and spawn
  • island protection system - The player should be only able to build in his own island area, if he has the permission skyblock.admin.build - then he can build everywhere

ToDo
  • Fixes and improvements

Known problems
  • MCServer can't read content from blocks that contains content from schematic files
  • Mobs spawns to near to the player, tried an workaround - was not successful...
Thanks given by:
You can make the plugin create the "players" folder using cFile:CreateFolder(a_FolderName) function.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 02:26 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: You can make the plugin create the "players" folder using cFile:CreateFolder(a_FolderName) function.

Added and updated files. Ty Smile
Thanks given by:
Just wondering, do each player get his own world ?
Or is it one world with separate islands ?

And is a spawn supported ?, i assume so but depending if each player gets his own world i am not sure :p
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 03:49 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Just wondering, do each player get his own world ?
Or is it one world with separate islands ?

And is a spawn supported ?, i assume so but depending if each player gets his own world i am not sure :p

One world named skyblock and every player gets an island, there is a distance between them 100 blocks. And the spawn ... only a 5 * 1 * 5 blocks of stone. Will update my description.

Edit: Updated.
Thanks given by:
Just wondering..

1. Is there a world provided ?
Create a folder named SkyBlock in the Plugins folder of the MCServer
In the Plugins folder, create a folder named SkyBlock and add all files from the github page
Does this not say the same thing ?

Both seem to tell me to create a directory called SkyBlock in the Plugins folder.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 04:06 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Just wondering..

1. Is there a world provided ?
Create a folder named SkyBlock in the Plugins folder of the MCServer
In the Plugins folder, create a folder named SkyBlock and add all files from the github page
Does this not say the same thing ?

Both seem to tell me to create a directory called SkyBlock in the Plugins folder.

1.You need to add skyblock to the topic [Worlds] in the settings.ini. MCServer will create than a world and my plugin overwrites the generator, that is only air.
2. You are rightConfused. Fixed that.
Thanks given by:
Hey thanks for the explanation, have not used mcserver in ages :$.
Currently updating my raspi, and will try it out on that Smile.

Edit: Taking ages to compile on raspi lol :p.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 04:16 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Hey thanks for the explanation, have not used mcserver in ages :$.
Currently updating my raspi, and will try it out on that Smile.

Edit: Taking ages to compile on raspi lol :p.

Why compile? There are already builds on the main page or look here http://ci.bearbin.net/
Thanks given by:
Seems like this plugin could be done way more efficiently through the world generator. @xoft, how about some way of extending the grid generator?
Thanks given by: