Custom Mobs
Hi, new here. Looking forward to plugin development and getting my hands dirty with Lua.

I'm interested in adding a particular mob that looks like any other existing mob... Basically with customized stats and some other attributes. Couldn't find much of anything about mobs, or existing mob plugins. Can someone direct me to any pointers/templates/existing work?

Thanks for any help!
Thanks given by:
I guess this isn't possible with the current API. MCS doesn't even have proper mobs functionality.
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.
The mobs are currently not too customizable. A plugin can create any mob that a vanilla client 1.7 knows, and can customize some of the stats - health, invulnerability, fireproofness. Using several hooks it's possible to change the mob's interactions, too, such as making them deal more damage on specific conditions etc. That's about it, no more customization options, mostly due to nearly-missing AI in the server.
Thanks given by:
(01-20-2015, 06:05 PM)xoft Wrote: Hello, welcome to the forum.
The mobs are currently not too customizable. A plugin can create any mob that a vanilla client 1.7 knows, and can customize some of the stats - health, invulnerability, fireproofness. Using several hooks it's possible to change the mob's interactions, too, such as making them deal more damage on specific conditions etc. That's about it, no more customization options, mostly due to nearly-missing AI in the server.

Arrr. Thanks for letting me know! Hmmmm. The Bukkit/Minecraft modding scene is terrible. They've dragged their feet for years on the Modding/Plugin API, then bet on Bukkit to take care of it, and then the DMCA killed that.

What's with the AI? Can you point me to where we are with it/what needs to be done? Just some AI needs to be developed?
Thanks given by:
Before we even start developing a real AI, we need to componentize the entity classes. The idea is that there will be no separate per-mob classes like now, but rather a single cMonster class which will contain several other subclasses, one for the "physical appearance", one for the pathfinding, one for the AI, one for aggressiveness etc. @SamJBarney was working on that, but he seems to be busy with real-life stuff, so he hasn't finished anything yet.
Thanks given by:
(01-21-2015, 06:47 PM)xoft Wrote: Before we even start developing a real AI, we need to componentize the entity classes. The idea is that there will be no separate per-mob classes like now, but rather a single cMonster class which will contain several other subclasses, one for the "physical appearance", one for the pathfinding, one for the AI, one for aggressiveness etc. @SamJBarney was working on that, but he seems to be busy with real-life stuff, so he hasn't finished anything yet.

Booo "real life"! ;D
Thanks given by: