MCServer is open source!
I've tried some of the obvious bugs like the double chest so the list is pretty accurate from what I can tell.

So far I've added MaxPlayers and Description support in the settings.ini under Server section because having those as static strings was bugging me a bit, not really a bug, just odd that they weren't there already.

I'll be looking into various bugs and generally trying to replicate MC default functionality where necessary.

Thanks for the info and fast replies.
Thanks given by:
If you want you can create a patch file and I'll have a looksee Smile I believe my email address is all over the place or you could just send me a PM or even attach it in this thread.

I actually already moved the chunk generation to a different thread on my side, but it's kinda unstable. I had the server crash once, and the client lags (a lot) when the server generates chunks, I think this might be due to the lighting being incorrect but I'm not sure. The lag spikes are very annoying.
Thanks given by:
I've been too busy to commit for a while now, I hope to get more time in the near future though. I'm glad to see others are committing. Bukkit and vanilla servers are too broken to use reliably, so this server is all there is imo.
Thanks given by:
It's kind of interesting to see what sort of things minecraft does on the client all by itself, I can get bones and give them to wolves and it seems like it's completely client-side, unless I'm mistaken and there's just basic server code that makes wolves accept them but not do anything with them.

Here is the patch file for MaxPlayers and Description. MaxPlayers will go back to 9001 if it's <= 0 or > the #define'd MAX_PLAYERS and description will go to the MCServer default if it's omitted.

http://pastebin.com/N9GbZHST
Thanks given by:
Faketruth? Do you apply the patch?Big Grin for some reason my tortoisesvn isn´t applying the patchBig Grin

And just to be sure: No one else is working on pickups flowing in water?
Because I am but it wouldn´t be so cool if someone else is also working on itBig Grin

It´s nearly working but there are a few bugs left when there comes a cornerBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I suggest adding to the bug/task tracker what you're currently working on and assigning yourself to that task.

@mtilden
It seems the forum screws up the file formatting, could you put it on http://pastebin.com/ instead and post the link?
Thanks given by:
I have edited the post with a pastebin link, if that doesn't work please suggest a file upload site that's not too cumbersome to download from.

It might be useful if I was able to simply attach the .patch file to a post
Thanks given by:
Now I'm getting a different errorTongue

(12-24-2011, 09:16 AM)mtilden Wrote: I have edited the post with a pastebin link, if that doesn't work please suggest a file upload site that's not too cumbersome to download from.

It might be useful if I was able to simply attach the .patch file to a post
I thought that was possible, you sure you can't?

Anyway, this site looks simple enoughTongue http://fyels.nl/
Thanks given by:
Hey,
I was able to apply your new patch Smile

Everything worked fine except you delete a pointer to the ChunkMap in cWorld.hBig Grin I think it was a mistakeBig Grin

I also changes the default for SetMaxPlayers to MAX_PLAYERS instead 9001 because if someone (I think no one needs xD) wants to set 9999999999 Players he should get the max available and not 9001Big Grin

I commited this for you to the trunk Wink

http://code.google.com/p/mc-server/source/detail?r=101

Simon
Thanks given by:
Thanks, I'm not sure about the chunkmap pointer so hopefully I can diff and see what you mean.

I set it to default to 9001 because that's what the default showed in MCServer, I basically left it so if MaxPlayers and Description weren't set in settings it would default to the normal ones, a seamless update, if you will.

I'll be more careful in the future.
Thanks given by: