Minecraft (Pocket Edition): Windows 10 Edition Beta
I got it now as well. I guess I had to wait until 0:00.

Okay, I can't change the controls, and the mouse flips out if I return from a screen like the inventory or escape menu, so that kinda sucks, but the performance is great. It uses 260 MB, and 7% of my CPU.

You can compare our villages with their villagesBig Grin:
[Image: f841b62b00.jpg]

After a few minutes of playing I can say that you defenitely can feel that this is a port of the pocket edition. It's as of yet not ready to be played casually on a PC. This of course could be because I'm still playing this on a virtual Windows 10.
Thanks given by:
Couldnt play it because its only compatible with 64 bit, I'll have to wait some days.
But watched some videos and... Im quite disappointed.
Performance is good, but is just a PE port, I would have prefeared a console port, with splitscreen, the end...
Thanks given by:
Sad.
Really sad, Mojang.
Thanks given by:
Well it's a beta of course. There are bound to be improvements. Smile
Thanks given by:
I've seen games in alpha, produced by one person, be less buggy :/
Thanks given by:
Not sure why they couldn't extend just port the PC version, modern mobile devices are very well capable of handling it. I got the PC version working with my ARM board and achieved 10+ FPS through software emulation. Now with an OpenGL translation layer like https://github.com/p3/regal, I'm positive we can get a very good 40-60 FPS on mobile hardware. Tongue After all with this library, it should require basically no modification to code and just compile with LWJGL to run. I'm not experienced with it, but it's definitely possible on even much lower-end hardware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKgy8B7Uhc
Thanks given by:
Tested it someway (minecraft pocket 0.12.1 beta = w10 edition). Performance is good in my phone, and I like its almost like 1.8 pc version.
But... Console version(c++) fu*** it up so h***....
Anyway, I hope MCServer adds support to w10 edition (and pe 0.12, of course)
Thanks given by:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this definitely seems like something that is becoming more and more needed, as pocket edition races ahead in terms of features being added and the pc versions starts to lag behind.  A multiplatform feature could give Cuberite the upper hand in server hosting, potentially even over things like spigot/craftbukkit and pocketmine.  Just my 2 cents.
Thanks given by:
Are you talking about supporting the Java version, pocket edition and console all at the same time, so they can play with each other? Is that even feasible?
Thanks given by:
no, only Java and MCPE.  I didn't know that the console edition even supports external servers...
and yes, it would be quite feasible. Dragonet worked nearly perfectly, the only problem was that the few developers that worked on it rarely had any time for it/had no motivation.
Thanks given by: