GraveChest V.1
Hello All,

Here is my first attempt at a plugin. So this is to replicate grave block that will store your inventory until you can retrieve it.

Currently if you die it takes your inventory and puts it in a chest right above your death location.

There are not any command or permissions at this time.

Current todo:

1.Add check to make sure that chest is not placed in or surrounded by lava
2.Add check to see if chest can hold inventory
3.Add check to work other plugins- ie dont put chests in arena's (This can happen please do not use if any of the mini-games that you can die in till this is fixed.)

And probbly alot more stuff...

Source is on github

Cheers
Thanks given by:
(12-14-2015, 07:39 AM)chrobione Wrote: Current todo:

1.Add check to make sure that chest is not placed in or surrounded by lava

Probably don't need to do that, chests can't burn. Although it would be useful for finding the chest in the nether...

P.S. I like the deathchest spinoffTongue
Thanks given by:
A good idea, would be to add a check, that only the owner can open it. Example a sgn on the chest with owner name in square brackets Smile
Thanks given by:
Love it and will add this functionality..
Thanks given by:
@Seadragon91 We don't need no signs, the plugins can handle that. Player tries to open the chest, plugin sends a message "You're trying to rob xoft's grave, I can't let you".

Come to think of it, storing the info about graves in an SQLite DB is much easier for the plugin than using signsTongue
Thanks given by:
Which brings me to a further question: How many graves per player will be allowed? If someone keeps dying, will they just keep spamming the server with chest blocks? Or will there be a max number of graves and then something happens - no new grave created on death, or a new grave will delete the oldest grave? (Can't do something like that with signs-only)
Thanks given by:
I would say, a countdown to make it more fun. Using cPlayer:SendAboveActionBarMessage() where it shows the time left, heheTongue

This would then limit the graves Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-17-2015, 08:02 AM)xoft Wrote: Which brings me to a further question: How many graves per player will be allowed? If someone keeps dying, will they just keep spamming the server with chest blocks? Or will there be a max number of graves and then something happens - no new grave created on death, or a new grave will delete the oldest grave? (Can't do something like that with signs-only)

So my thought process was on this was if they have inventory, they get a chest. The part of how long the chest stays, is a good question.

Thinking about the time and how many makes me think of the database or an INI to configure those aspects of the plugin.

And that thought leads into, currently the player gets a chest for free each time they die with inventory, to me is not a big deal for amount of times I die playing. This might be an issue with some server owners that do not want any players getting anything for free basically.

I am kinda open for more discussion..
Thanks given by: