Feeling a little lost ...
(04-04-2018, 09:37 AM)Mathias Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:41 PM)the1robert Wrote: ...

Edit:

I just did a test with two clients logging on and off in the same area.  3 out of 5 times one person couldn't see the other.
The player timeout issue should be fixed in the latest version. Were both clients in survival mode?

Yes, both clients were in survival mode, client version 1.12.2.

I can upload my server config or a log file or something if it would be helpful.
Thanks given by:
When a player is invisible, does changing the gamemode of that player make it visible again? Do both players show up in the player list shown by pressing the tab key?
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2018, 09:52 AM)Mathias Wrote: When a player is invisible, does changing the gamemode of that player make it visible again? Do both players show up in the player list shown by pressing the tab key?

I have a bit more information this time.  It seems that the invisibility is related to teleporting.  I may have missed that connection yesterday, I apologize.

whomever teleports into a location second, is invisible.  It doesn't matter if you are using /tp /spawn /home or /tp UserName the result is the same.

Both are listed in the <Tab> listing.  Changing the gamemode has no effect.

At this point the first person to teleport in is visible, the second is not. 

if they both teleport somewhere else, whom ever arrives at the location second is invisible, even if it's the opposite person from the last teleport.

If they both teleport to different areas and then teleport back, again whomever arrives second is invisible.

At the point where one person is visible and one is not, if EITHER of them log off and log back on, both are again visible.

I hope this helps.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2018, 02:25 PM)the1robert Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:52 AM)Mathias Wrote: When a player is invisible, does changing the gamemode of that player make it visible again? Do both players show up in the player list shown by pressing the tab key?

I have a bit more information this time.  It seems that the invisibility is related to teleporting.  I may have missed that connection yesterday, I apologize.

whomever teleports into a location second, is invisible.  It doesn't matter if you are using /tp /spawn /home or /tp UserName the result is the same.

Both are listed in the <Tab> listing.  Changing the gamemode has no effect.

At this point the first person to teleport in is visible, the second is not. 

if they both teleport somewhere else, whom ever arrives at the location second is invisible, even if it's the opposite person from the last teleport.

If they both teleport to different areas and then teleport back, again whomever arrives second is invisible.

At the point where one person is visible and one is not, if EITHER of them log off and log back on, both are again visible.

I hope this helps.

Thank you! I was able to reproduce the invisible player issue, and after testing some old builds, it seems like commit https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/com...93b7a58ad1 introduced the issue.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2018, 10:18 PM)Mathias Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 02:25 PM)the1robert Wrote: ----
I hope this helps.

Thank you! I was able to reproduce the invisible player issue, and after testing some old builds, it seems like commit https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/com...93b7a58ad1 introduced the issue.

I'm glad I could help. Smile   If you'll let me know when the fix has been applied I'll test it again.
Thanks given by:
ok, so the fix still hasn't been applied to master.

So, I took the current version of master and applied your changes from here : https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/4211

Then I built it and tested it on a AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato) arm board (https://libre.computer/products/boards/aml-s905x-cc/) which I just got in.  It's running a version of Ubuntu.

Anyway, testing shows that you have indeed fixed the problem of invisible players after teleporting. (At least as far as I can tell)  Very happy about that.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Thanks so much you all! At least the problem with players not seeing each other seems to be fixed. At least, today, that worked.

Now we have invisible mobs. Everything. Cows, chickens, Zombies, all of them are invisible, all the time now. They used to be just ... sometimes invisible, now they always are. Sometimes I wonder how this can be. It must only be happening on my server, no? Everybody would have noticed this a long long time ago?

Much love and the very best to you all. I'm sorry for sounding so frustrated. It's just ... half a year, to a full year, and there have been invisibility problems all throughout. When are things going to be normal again? Why are they invisible ... whyyy?
Thanks given by:
(04-22-2018, 11:52 AM)Jammet Wrote: Thanks so much you all! At least the problem with players not seeing each other seems to be fixed. At least, today, that worked.

Now we have invisible mobs. Everything. Cows, chickens, Zombies, all of them are invisible, all the time now. They used to be just ... sometimes invisible, now they always are. Sometimes I wonder how this can be. It must only be happening on my server, no? Everybody would have noticed this a long long time ago?

Much love and the very best to you all. I'm sorry for sounding so frustrated. It's just ... half a year, to a full year, and there have been invisibility problems all throughout. When are things going to be normal again? Why are they invisible ... whyyy?

Hmm, I have noticed the invisible mobs issue, it was happening before the patch for invisible people.  But it happens so rarely I haven't' reported it yet because I was waiting to catch it on video.  I only noticed it for hostile mobs, and only rarely.

I suspect it has something to do with teleporting as well, but I'm not sure.  I do know that if you log off and log back on the mobs become visible.  This is usually what I do.  I run back to my shelter, log off and back on then kill the formerly invisible mob.

That's also why I haven't gotten it on video yet.  I don't know it's happening until I start taking damage, and then I have to figure out if it's a skeleton somewhere I just can't see or if it's an actual invisible mob, by this time I'm half dead and I just take off running back to my shelter.     

One time an invisible mob got inside my shelter with me, it ended up being a spider.  I kept dying and running back and dying again before I figured out the log out trick.  Dying does NOT make the mob visible.  Only logging out and back in does.  Also, it's impossible for you to damage the mob while it's invisible, but it clearly has no issue damaging you.
Thanks given by:
Just gonna pop in to say that keeping the minecraft protocol in mind it's totally clear that you can't damage but get damage (because the protocol is built around the "I took 4hp from this spider" as a client message (which you can't send it you don't know there is a spider) but the server just sends a "you only have 50hp now" when you get damaged.
Thanks given by: