Status of development
Hii there,

My friends and I wanted to start our own server, for this we wanted to use Cuberite (yes, we know it's not stable yet).
For this, we have found somebody willing to work on Cuberite as well.
However, before we want to start working on it, we wanted to know: if Cuberite still being maintained?
When looking at the repo, the last commit was done in October of 2018, which is about 2 months ago now.

Is it worth investing our time (considering there is still a lot of work to be done) or would we better of just sticking to something like Spigot?

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
Hi!

Unfortunately most of the maintainers of Cuberite have little time to spare to work on the project. I don't expect Cuberite to actually meet feature parity even if the development would return to the previous speed because Mojang is able to develop Minecraft with a much larger team. If it's worth investing time into is up to you Wink
Thanks given by:
(12-28-2018, 09:00 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Hi!

Unfortunately most of the maintainers of Cuberite have little time to spare to work on the project. I don't expect Cuberite to actually meet feature parity even if the development would return to the previous speed because Mojang is able to develop Minecraft with a much larger team. If it's worth investing time into is up to you Wink

Hii NiLSPACE,

Thanks for your reply, I'll discuss it with my team to see our next move.

Cheers!
Thanks given by: