Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I think that the AI calls that function only when the mob is close enough to do melee damage to the player. So the skeleton would have shoot arrows as soon as it got close to you. You might want to move that code to somewhere where the physics is ticked.
Thanks given by:
I moved the code to Monster.cpp.
I created a little branch so other people can look at the code, but for now it also works if you turn up the AttackRange of the mob.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but then zombies will "touch" you from afarTongue

Oh, you can adjust it just for skeletons, forgot about that. Alright then.
Thanks given by:
I'm now working on your tip, since I put the projectile stuff in the Monster.cpp. I'm now trying to put it into the Tick function for each mob with an projectile.

I can't put it in the Tick function since it wont have physics anymore.
Thanks given by:
Try putting super::Tick(a_Dt) before your overriding code.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2013, 04:03 AM)xoft Wrote: The difference is very minuscule, SetBlock lets you set any block as the replacement, whereas DigBlock always replaces with air. It just hasn't bothered me enough yet to get rid of DigBlock completely.

Do you think it would be good to make DigBlock spawn pickups? It's currently stopping breaking piston heads from spawning a piston pickup.

Or have a DropBlock bool defaulting to false, as opposed to unconfigurable.
Thanks given by:
Dropping pickups is not that easy, because this function is called by cClientHandle when the player digs a block; but to spawn pickups, you need to know what tool they're using (to prevent digging diamonds with a wooden shovel); on the other hand, you don't want DigBlock() to take an ItemInHand parameter. Give me a usable specification and I'll be happy.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 07:43 PM)xoft Wrote: Dropping pickups is not that easy, because this function is called by cClientHandle when the player digs a block; but to spawn pickups, you need to know what tool they're using (to prevent digging diamonds with a wooden shovel); on the other hand, you don't want DigBlock() to take an ItemInHand parameter. Give me a usable specification and I'll be happy.

Thought of something better - spawn the pickup directly in cPiston!

As GlaDOS says, the easiest solution is most often the best.Tongue
Thanks given by:
My weekend dancing has taken its toll. I knew that dancing in the chilly hall was a bad idea. Now I've got a cold and a terrible headache, can't think straight. Luckily the 1.7 packets are more or less a mechanical thing, so at least I can do those.
Thanks given by:
Aww, get well soon. Wink
Thanks given by: