Random Chitchat 2012-2016
And what if it only gets called when needed for example: an entity bumps into it
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2014, 03:47 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: And what if it only gets called when needed for example: an entity bumps into it

You would still need some kind of vector or list. OR we just save the boundings for non-cube objects.
Thanks given by:
But then you don't create a vector "for each and every block in the chunk" Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes, but you don't need to if you have a reference to the block that needs a bounding box. For example we can extend the Block class with a bounding box object. With that you can do:
Code:
if(Block.hasCustonBoundingBox())
{
    cBoundingBox CurrentBounding = Block.getBoundingBox();
    // Do Stuff ...
    // ...
}
Thanks given by:
Is there anything else besides entity collision checking that you need the bounding boxes for?
If not, you might want to consider the inverse approach - tell the block handler "I have this entity bounding box and want to move it this long in this direction, are you in the way?" And the blockhandler will reply "no, go ahead" or "no, you can go only this far before hitting my ZP face".

That way, there's no bbox allocation needed at all and you get proper collision checking, too.
Thanks given by:
I've discovered a new game and spent yesterday's evening and night playing till 3amTongue

StarMade is basically Minecraft Buildcraft gone into space, with real-world physics. You build your ship from blocks, just like in minecraft; the blocks have functions, like power generators, engines, shields, weapons, computers... Then you set out to space to harvest asteroids, fight pirates, build starbases, colonize planets, etc.

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VIJHM3a7JE[/video]

Right now it's in the Alpha stage, free to try, $6 to (pre-)purchase.

www.star-made.org
Thanks given by:
Some Ignat guy keeps sending me his CV, forwarding it after sending it to Mojang and Ocean-labs (authors of MCP); he seems to be trying to get a job, but the email is in such bad English that one can't be certain. Is he spamming anyone of you as well, or am I the only one?

Would you think this is a job application, or just spam?
Quote:Hi!

I have solution for new plugins with computer simulation in game and
advanced physics engineering for gamers.
I like way of Minecraft.

RR,
ignat

Attachment: CV + Cover letter
Thanks given by:
Is he sending it as a private message on the forum or is he sending it in an email? Anyway if he keeps sending it over and over I would say it's spam.
Thanks given by:
Just hire him already!
Thanks given by:
I don't think so. We want only smart people in our team, and he, so far, has made this impression:
- says he can speak English, neither his emails nor his CV supports that (the piece of email I posted is one of the most understandable piece of his writing)
- he doesn't think ahead much, he can't formulate what he wants clearly (does he want the job or is he just boasting that he has something?)
Thanks given by: