Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(06-04-2014, 04:06 AM)xoft Wrote: Daniel, you need to add the file explicitly to the list of sources. Adding the "src" folder actually creates a new project file for MCS, but doesn't add to your current project (MCProxy).

Okay, but i don't find anything for that in MCServer?
There is: add_subdirectory (src)
And all other things are handled in the src/CMakeLists.txt
I think i understand something false.
Thanks given by:
I like PC gaming more everyday!
Sniper Elite V2 free for 24h! (then, if added to your library, you can play forever)
Thanks given by:
I've added the terrain height generation in the Generator article:
http://mc-server.xoft.cz/docs/Generator.html#heightgen

There's still one subchapter in terrain height that I would like to write, but not today. It's a technique that even MCS doesn't use yet (unfortunately), so I'll have to do a lot of hand drawing.
Thanks given by:
I've just installed a new printer on my dads locked down work laptop. Can't install driver if you connecting over the network due to not having admin rights. However if you connect using USB the driver installs automatically. Then you can connect to the printer over the network because the driver is already installed??? Also once the network connection is installed you can remove the now now redundant USB connection without admin rights. So any user can install a printer but only admins can remove them??

Would you mind if started on a GPU section for the making it faster section in the generator article?
Thanks given by:
How about putting it in a separate section altogether? I want to put mainly the caching and upsampling in the Making it fast section; Running on a GPU would make a nice new section.
Thanks given by:
Okay I'll write a section on that. Also I've started prototyping the pure C++ GPU rewriting system and it has some major disadvantages. You can't chain computations across functions without going back to main memory (expensive) or using c++14 features. I'm going to write a post on the pros and cons of the various approaches I've come up with so far.
Thanks given by:
As per popular demand, I've added the RainbowRoads finisher generator:
[Image: rainbowroads.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Now thats the sort of world segments are good for. A lot of air underneath the track.
Thanks given by:
Now we just need horses to ride over it Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm writing a benchmark for the lighting at last. Does anyone know a good way to get a chunk-buffer set up without including the generator?
Thanks given by: