Random Chitchat 2012-2016
That's bad!

[Image: shocked-cat-211212.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep. Have you reseated RAM and GPU?
Thanks given by:
As i saw https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1485 I had the idea, that i could compile x64 builds daily (with help of the Task Scheduler).
But i have no idea how to set-up a .bat that downloads the sorge via git, compiles it and uploads it on a server,
could anyone help me with that?
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 06:26 AM)bearbin Wrote: Yep. Have you reseated RAM and GPU?
No because my father doesn't want me to touch anythin.
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 04:52 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: My primary computer has broken (strange beeps) :/

Those beeps mean something. The computer is trying to tell you what part is failing its self test. See if you can find the BIOS beep codes for your computer and it will tell you what they mean.
Thanks given by:
I know I read about that but until monday I wont be able to do anything D:
Luckily I have a core 2 duo 2gb windows xp computer
Thanks given by:
You can run windows 7 on it, though vista is recommended on that.
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 06:55 AM)LO1ZB Wrote: As i saw https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1485 I had the idea, that i could compile x64 builds daily (with help of the Task Scheduler).
But i have no idea how to set-up a .bat that downloads the sorge via git, compiles it and uploads it on a server,
could anyone help me with that?

There's a nightbuild script for xoft's service in the repo, maybe you could use that?
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 04:37 PM)ThuGie Wrote: You can run windows 7 on it, though vista is recommended on that.
Have you troed vista? Windows 7 is 7 times better than vista, but for a bad computer, the best is xp or linux.
Thanks given by:
LO1ZB: This is the contents of the .cmd file that runs the nightbuild on my computer (one that's in the task scheduler):
Code:
set ftpuser=<redacted>
set ftppass=<redacted>
set ftpsite=<redacted>
set nodosfilewarning=1
call NightBuild2008.cmd a
call MakeLuaAPI.cmd a
You should be able to adapt that to your needs. If you want to build with MSVC higher than 2008, you should probably make a copy of the NightBuild2008.cmd script and change it to use whatever visual studio you're using. Read the comments at the top of the file, they list all the prerequisites for a successful run.
Note that if you provide builds publicly, you should also store those builds' symbols (PDB files), so that the developers can debug crashdumps.

I've been thinking about turning the entire nightbuild script into a Lua script, so that I have more options on what it could do. This will become necessary when we get a proper nightbuild website.
Thanks given by: