Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Looks niceTongue
Thanks given by:
New minecraft EULA can ruin the servers! With no VIPs, many servers will close and minecraft will not be the same as before.
Please sign in Change.org:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/m...-your-eula
Thanks given by:
Before the change, in the EULA stands this: "You're not allowed to earn money with Minecraft".
Now it's possible to earn money with Minecraft under certain conditions.

Why you think the old EULA was better?
Thanks given by:
because the new EULA considers server with VIPs illegal, and VIPs mantain many public servers.
That's what I read.
Thanks given by:
As far as I can tell, this means kinda good news to MCS - we don't have that EULA restriction, you can do (almost) whatever you want with the server, so when it comes down to it, we could see an increase in usage (and therefore possibly in code "donations", too).
Thanks given by:
As far as I can tell the only thing you can't do with MCServer is redistribute it under a different license without modifying all of it.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 07:21 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: New minecraft EULA can ruin the servers! With no VIPs, many servers will close and minecraft will not be the same as before.
Please sign in Change.org:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/m...-your-eula
I wount sing anything like this, because I like the change. I wanted it for so long, and now anyone try to force Mojang that they stay with the old EULA. I hade the moment when i get kicked out of a game and it tells me "You got kickt out of the game because someone has paid and is better than you, go and buy premium for 20€/month" of "Buy the right to use enderchest for only 50€". The other thing is, that most pay2win server are using code from Mojang (Bukkit/Spigot are using Mojang code, too), think about it, you programm and sell you produkt, and then someone else is making money from it without asking/permission.
Thanks given by:
I like the new EULA because now people can't buy a pardon when they were banned. Some servers actualy did that.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure I like Mojang forcing that on people, but I like the idea behind it - the pay4win principle is ruining games and Mojang sees that and they don't want MineCraft to fall there. Pity that they only care this late, they should have done something about this quite some time ago, before the server ecosystem grew like it did. I'm pretty sure server owners will find a way to survive.
Thanks given by:
Aah I'm tired Wink I went to an event yesterday with a few friends. My ears are still squeaking Wink. Now I have to pack my bags because I'm going on a holiday tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by: