Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I'd guess the OS swapped the less used chunks of memory into the swap file, so although it has only 32 MiB allocated, it is using more, just not physically.
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2014, 04:18 PM)archshift Wrote: I think we should add the style check script at the end of each travis build. It'll be useful for a quick check to each person's PRs.
This should be now possible, the script requires only pure lua now, nothing else.
Thanks given by:
I've asked the boss about the computers selling, he said that not until the end of summer vacations. Sorry guys.
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2014, 09:40 PM)xoft Wrote: I've asked the boss about the computers selling, he said that not until the end of summer vacations. Sorry guys.
You don't have to be sorry, its not your fault. Wink
Thanks given by:
After fixing #1196 ( https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues/1196 ) I noticed that the server seems more responsive, related to how the chunks are streamed to the client. Previously I used to walk in one direction and would "catch up" with the missing chunks being streamed, because they couldn't be loaded / generated fast enough. Since that change, the chunk loading and generating seems much snappier, I haven't been able to catch up with the missing chunks anymore. Also the chunk generator seems to run a wee bit faster.
Is it just me, or are you seeing this as well?
Thanks given by:
(07-25-2014, 05:49 PM)xoft Wrote: After fixing #1196 ( https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues/1196 ) I noticed that the server seems more responsive, related to how the chunks are streamed to the client. Previously I used to walk in one direction and would "catch up" with the missing chunks being streamed, because they couldn't be loaded / generated fast enough. Since that change, the chunk loading and generating seems much snappier, I haven't been able to catch up with the missing chunks anymore. Also the chunk generator seems to run a wee bit faster.
Is it just me, or are you seeing this as well?
Chunks for me seem to load better (a bit faster), and now I can get to the nether with no problemBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Chunks are generating a little bit faster for me now. Around 15 more ch/s
Thanks given by:
Unintended improvements for the win!
Thanks given by:
I intentionally the entire webpage... again.
Thanks given by:
I like the minimalistic design, although it now is a multi-click process just to download anything, and it's not exactly straightforward whether clicking a link will download a file or take you to a download location.
Thanks given by: