Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Github changed something in their interface again. I like this change though. You can now see if a pull request didn't compile or if it didn't as a list:
[Image: d2250a74e0.png]
Thanks given by:
I think that was visible before as well, only on the right side, not next to the text. This change makes it somewhat chaotic when you're specifically looking for PRs that did compile or didn't compile.
Thanks given by:
Aww, why did I try Portal demo?
Now I must buy it Sad
Thanks given by:
Portal? As in the really old one?
Why don't you play Narbacular Drop, then? It's the predecessor that is for free Smile
http://theportalwiki.com/wiki/Narbacular_Drop

Or ASCII pOrtal Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnvxDk2sAZg
Thanks given by:
I'm toying with Mojang API and with SQLiteCpp. I think you'll like what I've been coming up with. Smile We will have a cMojangAPI class that will cache the queried results for some time. Finally a centralized place for those UUIDs.
Thanks given by:
I can't compile anymore (master branch, using clang).
Code:
In file included from /home/franz/Schreibtisch/MCServer/src/Generating/ComposableGenerator.cpp:18:
/home/franz/Schreibtisch/MCServer/src/Generating/FinishGen.h:166:25: error:
      comparison of integers of different signs: 'int' and 'unsigned long'
      [-Werror,-Wsign-compare]
                for (int idx = 0; idx < ARRAYCOUNT(m_IsAllowedBelow); ++idx)
                                  ~~~ ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/franz/Schreibtisch/MCServer/src/Generating/FinishGen.h:178:25: error:
      comparison of integers of different signs: 'int' and 'unsigned long'
      [-Werror,-Wsign-compare]
                for (int idx = 0; idx < ARRAYCOUNT(m_IsBiomeAllowed); ++idx)
Thanks given by:
Quote:When using C, you might shoot yourself in the foot. In C++, you might accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. When using PHP, you might T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM your foot. When doing front-end work for older versions of IE, you might not have ever had a foot to shoot in the first place. Or legs. Or a brain.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsup..._actually/

For the record, I disagree with the IE comment for versions > IE9.
Thanks given by:
@tiger. or IE 10 you may not have toes, for IE 11 you may not have nails, but same for safari for iOS and chrome for android. Add that in Java you may shoot somewhere else, then ricochet 40-50 times and hit something else, yet mysteriously the bulletstill ends up in your foot. In C# and VB.net you can shoot you self in the foot only if you pay microsoft. In Python you put the bullet in your foot, then the next bullet will start in your foot, and that's the only way to do it. In perl the gun fires several minutes after the bullet has reached your foot. In Haskell you must first formally define the bullet and your foot before starting.
Thanks given by:
(07-31-2014, 05:32 PM)worktycho Wrote: @tiger. or IE 10 you may not have toes, for IE 11 you may not have nails, but same for safari for iOS and chrome for android. Add that in Java you may shoot somewhere else, then ricochet 40-50 times and hit something else, yet mysteriously the bulletstill ends up in your foot. In C# and VB.net you can shoot you self in the foot only if you pay microsoft. In Python you put the bullet in your foot, then the next bullet will start in your foot, and that's the only way to do it. In perl the gun fires several minutes after the bullet has reached your foot. In Haskell you must first formally define the bullet and your foot before starting.

HAHAHAHA
Thanks given by:
Hurray. I created my first program that does some networking.
It's written in Lua, and it keeps the clipboard of my desktop and laptop in sync. It also required some multithreading due to the socket blocking everything while waiting for connections. Now I have to work on the security. Smile
Thanks given by: