Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Simply cItem.m_UniqueID or something. It would get it in the same way as cFastRandom does it's seed. That way a plugin can be 100% certain that it has the proper item after a while. The ID doesn't get saved. I'm not sure what plugin would use it for.
Thanks given by:
I don't see a use-case, not without persistence, and it's impossible to do persistence properly, because the cItem may come from a cProtocol callback, being a different object but representing the same item (the item in player's hand, for example). The plugin needs to work around this. I was actually thinking about making WorldEdit items (wand for example) "special" by appending Lore to them - it could also work for the user as a reminder of what the item does.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2014, 07:05 PM)xoft Wrote: I don't see a use-case, not without persistence, and it's impossible to do persistence properly, because the cItem may come from a cProtocol callback, being a different object but representing the same item (the item in player's hand, for example). The plugin needs to work around this. I was actually thinking about making WorldEdit items (wand for example) "special" by appending Lore to them - it could also work for the user as a reminder of what the item does.

Please add this feature Smile
I don't like to save informations in a lore / display name.
This can be very useful for a backpack and other plugins.
Thanks given by:
It's impossible in regards to protocol packets that send the item to and from the client - there's no way to push the identification information through.
Thanks given by:
So, I'm currently in the process of reinstalling everything on the new OS. Terrible, so much work to do before it's usable again.
Thanks given by:
Yea it's a pain. For school I had to install two Windows servers, MS-DOS and Ubuntu (both Desktop and Server), and we get some other operation systems later like Mac.
Thanks given by:
And Win8.1 is terrible UI-wise, I can't set it up the way I'm used to, the old-style Classic UI is not there anymore, I have to hurt my eyes with the "children's coloring screen" Sad
Thanks given by:
Stupid keyboard won't type apostrophes, doublequotes and backquotes, it waits till I press another key, WTF?
Thanks given by:
That's normal for me Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 04:53 AM)xoft Wrote: And Win8.1 is terrible UI-wise, I can't set it up the way I'm used to, the old-style Classic UI is not there anymore, I have to hurt my eyes with the "children's coloring screen" :(

And yet you really like the bright colours added to the webadmin?

Children can't draw squares and rectangles so perfect, that's a terrible analogy :)

--

I really can't understand all the dislike for the Modern UI. For me its great, but perhaps I am biased towards Microsoft.
Thanks given by: