Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I simply install Classic Shell, and get my start menu back, problem solved.
Thanks given by:
I use Classic Shell as well, can't do without it. Still, the windows have now thick frames, no way to get rid of those. And there's no way to set colors for the selected menu items, the taskbar is always dark with white text for some twisted reason....

STR, the keyboard can be fixed by using a different keyboard layout. I had US International that made the problems, when I changed to regular US, it behaves.
Thanks given by:
xoft Wrote:STR, the keyboard can be fixed by using a different keyboard layout. I had US International that made the problems, when I changed to regular US, it behaves.
But I'm used to this. I have been using it as long as I can rememberTongue I actualy find it anoying when it directly places apostrophes, doublequotes and backquotes Wink
Thanks given by:
Now for some reason CMake won't work, it throws a weird error:
Code:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 12" .
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:446 (execute_process):
  execute_process given COMMAND argument with no value.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:48 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID_VENDOR)
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake:127 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID)
  CMakeLists.txt:4 (enable_language)
Thanks given by:
Ah, I think I've found it, it seems I installed "Visual Studio 2013 Express For Windows" instead of "Visual Studio 2013 Express For Windows Desktop".

Who comes up with these stupid confusing names and differences?
Thanks given by:
Windows -> Modern Apps

So I deduce that your are using Windows 8 Smile

They'll apparently give you 9 (with start menu back) for free.
Thanks given by:
Yea, I got Win 8.1 Pro. I figured if I had to get used to a complete change, then why not make the change to the newest, so that once I get used to it, I can keep it for long time again. Also it should have the latest stuff needed for SSD drives better performance, and such.

No, they won't give me 9, they might give me 10Tongue Or I could have just installed those, perhaps. Not too keen on the experimental stuff, though.
Thanks given by:
Stupid thing took ages to uninstall and then reinstall the proper one. It's almost midnight and I still don't have remote access set up >:[
Thanks given by:
I actually like Windows 8.1 Smile
Thanks given by:
I think I got the buildserver working, so I'm off to bed. G'night.
Thanks given by: