Random Chitchat 2012-2016
My company has a new hiring campaign, I think it's awesome. You are challenged to write a controller program for virtual robots that fight each other in an arena: https://botwarz.eset.com

And the boss made an internal competition for this as well - whoever writes the best-ranking ESET bot, will receive either a Lego Technic set, or a fine whiskey, whichever they prefer. I think I might give it a try, too Smile Perhaps my childhood dream of owning lego will finally come trueBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Awesome!
Now we're with LEGO robot programming at school!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Go xoft!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That looks like fun. When does the campaign end?
Thanks given by:
No-one really knows, and the previous "campaign" has been around for some three or four years Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah, didn't make it. I just finished writing the framework so that I could write the bots in Lua, and just as it started working, I ran out of time for the internal company competition. I guess I'll have to wait with the Lego until I get kids of my own.

But at least now we've got a cool framework to try writing AIs in Lua Smile
https://github.com/madmaxoft/EsetBotWarz

Sure, it needs documentation and stuff, but it's a start.
Thanks given by:
I think I got a bit carried away with this little project Smile The framework feels quite solid now, it has proper logging and everything, and I also have a logfile visualiser, that parses the logs and displays all the game data and AI data visually:
[Image: ebwlogparser.png]
Thanks given by:
Wow that's awesome ;D
Thanks given by:
Did you believe Minecraft was a badly optimized game? See Rust.
Its running at low 1080p 30fps in my PC while BF4 is running at medium 1080p 60fps...
Thanks given by:
I think that one of the development team members decided to stick "std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::milliseconds(16))" in the main game loop as a troll. Smile Explains the consistantly bad framerate. At least they were consistent with the screw up.
Thanks given by: