Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Of course continued design changes are important! The team-driven framework presents a holistic and workflow oriented layout creating a synergy which revolutionises inter-team collaboration, orchestrating a hybrid next generation Internet connected platform effecting efficacious software delivery and feedback.
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2015, 09:21 AM)tigerw Wrote: Of course continued design changes are important! The team-driven framework presents a holistic and workflow oriented layout creating a synergy which revolutionises inter-team collaboration, orchestrating a hybrid next generation Internet connected platform effecting efficacious software delivery and feedback.

Sorry, but this sounds like it comes from a bullshit generator Wink

EDIT: I don't mean any offense btw, I just don't understand what you are trying to say Wink
Thanks given by:
Correction: adapted from a buzzword generator. :)
Thanks given by:
I wanted to try to compile MCS for my Synology Diskstation NAS - I thought it would make a server comparable in power to the old RasPi model B. Unfortunately the last available toolchain for that platform is gcc 4.6, which means it doesn't support the C++11 features Sad
Thanks given by:
Well, you could try to bootstrap the compiler and compile g++ 4.9 using the current compiler. Don't know how easy that would be though. Tongue
Thanks given by:
It's a cross-compiler; I have no idea how to create thatTongue
Thanks given by:
Assuming it's a conventional Linux underneath compiling gcc is not so much difficult as long, once you've got the right configure flags gcc will compile it'self twice, to protect against miscompiles by the bootstrapping compiler.
Thanks given by:
For the people whp own Raspberry 1 or better 2. Im planning to buy one. Some questions:
1-Do I need a keyboard? Is it necesary? I want to use raspbian and retropie.
2-Can you multiboot any OS (raspbian-retropie in my case)?
3-What do you think of this kit which costs 66€. Is it worth it?
Includes:
-Raspi 2
-EU power cable 2000mA
-HDMI cable
-high-speed 8gb sd
-Case
-Wifi adapter
Thanks given by:
(03-28-2015, 06:56 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: For the people whp own Raspberry 1 or better 2. Im planning to buy one. Some questions:
1-Do I need a keyboard? Is it necesary? I want to use raspbian and retropie.
Well, you do not need a keyboard to operate the Pi2 as a server or anything. Just, having a USB keyboard handy makes initial configuration so much easier.

I have 1 Pi1, 1 pi2, 1 odroid-u3, 1 cubieboard-1 and one banana pi in operation. It makes live a mile easier doign the 2, 3 config steps locally before entombing the units somewhere in the basement and rooftop.

(03-28-2015, 06:56 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: 2-Can you multiboot any OS (raspbian-retropie in my case)?

Yes/No - it's easy to swap the microSD card with most Pi2 cases. However, I didn't find a way to tell uboot to show anything like a menu or the like, or just select a different boot-partition upon pressing a key.
Technically it is no problem, but seems not to be implemented i nthe Pi's uboot configuration.

(03-28-2015, 06:56 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: 3-What do you think of this kit which costs 66€. Is it worth it?
Includes:
-Raspi 2
-EU power cable 2000mA
-HDMI cable
-high-speed 8gb sd
-Case
-Wifi adapter

The price makes sense , although personally I use a combination of 16GB microSD card and 8GB USB stick ( usb stick for swap space and with a FAT partition for easy file-transfer to my media player ).
I do think you don't need to worry when buying that kit.
Thanks given by:
I've never connected any kind of keyboard to any of my Pies, always worked through SSH. So it can be done.

As for multiboot, I think swapping the SD card is much easier than spending hours researching ways to do anything else.

Be careful with "high-speed SD card", the high-speed marking can mean anything, really. Always look for the card class ( = minimum guaranteed write speed, in megabytes / sec), declared average read and write speeds or, even better, actual speed tests done by people. I've seen some 2 MiB/sec cards labeled as high-speed.
Thanks given by: