Random Chitchat 2012-2016
is there a way to force MCServer to crash on windows?
Thanks given by:
Certainly, with a bad plugin:
function Initialize(a_Plugin)
	cPluginManager:BindConsoleCommand("crash",
		function()
			local InvalidObj = tolua.cast(a_Plugin, "cChunkDesc")
			InvalidObj:FillBlocks(0, 0)  -- Overwrite the current plugin\'s C++ data with all zeroes.
		end,
		"Crashes the server on purpose"
	)
	return true
end
This gives you a consoel command "crash" that crashes the server on demand Smile
Thanks given by:
(Told you tolua.cast was a dangerous thing Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm getting an error, but not a crash.Tongue
"[15:40:56] cBlockArea::Fill: requested datatypes that are not present in the BlockArea object, trimming those away (req 0x3, stor 0xe)"

Restarting the server inside the console does not fix the inventory window desync bug btw.

Even restarting the binary does not o.o
Thanks given by:
MCServer is now running under an debugger (debug build) is there a way I can find the cause of the desync?
Thanks given by:
More than a debugger you will need the protoproxy. Unfortunately if I remember correctly it only works with 1.7 clients.
Thanks given by:
Stupid hockey. It seems the national team has won again, so now there's crowds of drunken loud fans walking the streets from the stadium to subway station, which means right past my windows Sad This will be a tough night...
Thanks given by:
How exactly is cByteBuffer::WriteVarInt32 supposed to work with entity ids? At the moment we seem to be using UInt32's for everything, but the protocol documentation says that it should be signed.
Thanks given by:
VarInt cannot be signed. The protocol itself is somewhat shady on this, Mojang have begun changing EntityIDs from regular Ints to VarInts (and thus dropping the sign), but they still keep forgetting a few packets.
Thanks given by:
That's not what http://wiki.vg/Protocol#Data_types says?
Thanks given by: