Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Not sure. If done right, it might still be faster than a Java server, after all, the entire core of the server is still C++ and when it comes to plugins, usually Java is a tad faster than interpreted Lua. Just a couple of optional modules would use Java. That is to say if this was properly optimized, I have no idea what the overhead would be for Java native library calls are.
Thanks given by:
Windows 10 Edition...I really want to like it but I can't...It's also going to be tough bringing Cuberite protocol support to it considering how buggy it is and how many blocks it's missing (no redstone of any sorts right now).
Thanks given by:
Windows 10 Edition could be the test case for working multi-protocol support. Challenges like missing block support are going to cause problems for forge support as well.
Thanks given by:
Just got a call from Telefonica O2, they will not install internet for me, because there's no more room in their switchbox for my connection. Whatever that means. No matter that the previous owner had internet from them, suddenly it won't work. Pffff.
Thanks given by:
I think they're talking about one of those:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_su...ultiplexer
Thanks given by:
Just get your Internet from GermanyTongue try Unitymedia
Thanks given by:
That Unitymedia logo looks suspiciously similar to our UPC: http://www.upc.cz/
Yeah, I wish I could get those, but they don't do small houses, that's not profitable. They only do big blocks of apartments where they get the highest people-to-cablelength ratio. I used to have those before wife kicked me out, 120 / 12 Mbps...
Now I'll be lucky if I get a 2/0.5 Mbps from some local wifi provider Sad
Thanks given by:
Maybe telefonica will later get free rom for you.
Or, can't you put 4g in the house?
In spain there is a company which provides 4g wifi routers at great speeds (~100mbs). But I dont know if its limited.
EDIT: in spain 30€/35gb month or 30€ month 100gb but only 5 for downloads (then 128kbs), maybe there is similar
Thanks given by:
So today they called again, "You wanted internet from us? Let's get it signed". After I told the lady that they told me yesterday it can't be done, she was surprised, she checked and said there were 51 free ports in the switchbox. She said she would check again what's wrong, and called 10 minutes later that it's not about the ports, but something about power. Whatever, it means I can't have VDSL anyway.
Then she talked me into trying out their 4G/LTE offer, for the same price as VDSL. I'll give it a try, the law provides me with up to 14 days for trying and then I can return it for a full refund. If it works okay, I'll keep it.

In the meantime I found a local wifi provider who's cheaper, faster and should be capable of connecting me, I'll have them come take measurements and try them out in the parallel. I hope I won't end up with 2 internets Smile
Thanks given by:
Huh. Anyone else noticed Google's new logo? Huh
Thanks given by: