Random Chitchat 2012-2016
AYYYYYYY stupid me!

I was implementing something like cFile:DeleteFolderRecursive() in a plugin (one of the reasons I started the cFile API extension branch) and I accidentally ran the Lua code now. Turns out I forgot to filter out the ".." item returned by GetFolderContents(), so the plugin dutifully started deleting everything from my drive. Luckily I the server executable failed before it got somewhere important, so it just munched a few important bits off the git repo files.

I thought something went bad with my SSD drive (we had such an incident at work just last week), a few files disappearing from my repo. It took me four actual hours to realise this stupid mistake!

Had to do a fresh clean clone of the repo to undo the damage, and luckily it didn't touch anything I was currently editing.

Moral of the story: be VERY careful when you delete stuff and when you iterate over stuff.
Thanks given by:
Aah, that sucks Sad
Thanks given by:
What do you guys think about these options for a new phone for me:
  • The Lumia 830: I can use my 32 GB SD card with it to expand the already 16 GB of storage. Also, it is about €80 cheaper compared to the 930.
  • The Lumia 930: Can't use my SD card to expand the 32 GB of storage, but has a super fast CPU, double the RAM (2GB), 1080p screen, 20 MP camera.
  • Wait for the new phone announcements from Microsoft on 6 10 October and hope the prices of the phones above drop a little, or better alternatives will be presented for a good price.
Thanks given by:
What do you need 32 GB of storage for? I'm running on an 8 GB card and it's half empty. (Mostly because it's so slow copying stuff there that I'm too lazy to do it Smile )
I'd go with the 930, double the RAM always comes in handy and the better CPU will last longer, until you need to "upgrade to a faster phone".
Waiting for the new announcements might be a good idea, the price will most likely drop a bit.
Thanks given by:
As of c76a89fbec7b503aba070e5189c566662231e7b0 appveyor has been complaining about our build script, but the script hasn't changed.
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's the build script, it's git itself.
Thanks given by:
No, it might be the pre-build git-submodule / cmake step.

I've posted a question in their support forum, hopefully they can help us.
Thanks given by:
They said to remove the "os: ..." line from appveyor.yml, I've tried it in a PR and so far it looks like it's building (and with VS2013). If it works, I guess we can merge the PR.

https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/2512
Thanks given by:
I'd say wait for the 10/6 for the price drop, it's only about 7 days away.
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2015, 12:10 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: What do you guys think about these options for a new phone for me:
  • The Lumia 830: I can use my 32 GB SD card with it to expand the already 16 GB of storage. Also, it is about €80 cheaper compared to the 930.
  • The Lumia 930: Can't use my SD card to expand the 32 GB of storage, but has a super fast CPU, double the RAM (2GB), 1080p screen, 20 MP camera.
  • Wait for the new phone announcements from Microsoft on 6 October and hope the prices of the phones above drop a little, or better alternatives will be presented for a good price.
Maybe a moto g 3rd generation for 180$ would be OK for you.
Thanks given by: