Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(06-15-2012, 11:17 PM)cedeel Wrote: I'm going to fix vines today.
Actually, the entire cClientHandle is beginning to bother me. I think blocks should be responsible for how they're handled.

I was thinking, there's already a proposal for the cBlockPlacement class that would check block placements, why not put all those DirectionToMeta() functions there, instead of making many empty classes only wrapping one static function?
So, one would call cBlockPlacement::TorchDirectionToMeta() instead of cTorch::DirectionToMeta(). Possibly even moving other such static functions related to block placement there.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 09:07 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote: I'm still working on land ownership plugin Smile
It could save all castles and zones onto files and could read them too.
Still to do:
Kingdoms saving (weirdly enough, loading is doneBig Grin)
Players save n load
Hooks (all checks and commands and stuff)

how is it going with your ownership plugin?? i'm always interested in new pluginsBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Quote:how is it going with your ownership plugin?
Work stopped. Unfortunately my old PC burnedBig Grin So now I'm using new PC with SATA HDD, and I need to buy IDE controller to get my sources back. I think I'll buy one tomorrow...

Although I did some progress (before): all save/load work is done, and now you can't break/use things in private areas.
Thanks given by:
You too?
My PC burns regularly in the summer heat - I can't play Minecraft at all because the gfx card overheats and the system hangs within seconds of starting a game. So I'm writing most of the stuff blindly now.
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2012, 01:19 AM)xoft Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 11:17 PM)cedeel Wrote: I'm going to fix vines today.
Actually, the entire cClientHandle is beginning to bother me. I think blocks should be responsible for how they're handled.

I was thinking, there's already a proposal for the cBlockPlacement class that would check block placements, why not put all those DirectionToMeta() functions there, instead of making many empty classes only wrapping one static function?
So, one would call cBlockPlacement::TorchDirectionToMeta() instead of cTorch::DirectionToMeta(). Possibly even moving other such static functions related to block placement there.

That's one of the best ideas yet Smile

I'll do that if you don't mind.
Thanks given by:
Sure, go ahead, I was actually hoping you'd take this task Smile
Thanks given by:
are you working on something or just taking a break?? Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm taking a break from MCServer. I need to do some work for my second job, and my cousin asked me for some programming help, so there's a lot I need to take care of. But I can't wait to get back to MCServer, lately it's the project I like working on the most.

But FakeTruth has had some big break, it's about time he started doing something big again Wink Now that his school's out for the summer...
Thanks given by:
okay you deserve it Smile
Thanks given by:
how long will it take before you come back? Smile it's now 5 days ago before someone created a new revisionTongue
Thanks given by: