Random Chitchat 2012-2016
i compiled R684 but do i need to add something in the world.ini
and are the placed in specific biomes?
Thanks given by:
You need to add "ravines" to structure generators in world.ini, and they are biome-independent.
Thanks given by:
are the ravines placed underground?? becouse i now only saw 2 ravines started in a ocean and go underground to a dessert.
Thanks given by:
The ravines are placed completely randomly. They are 64 - 128 blocks long, their bottom is at Y 5 to 37 and their top at Y 32 to 64. On average there is one ravine in a 128x128 blocks area.
This is what they look like in Minutor:
[Image: ravines.png]
Thanks given by:
I fixed the ravines' walls looking jagged, now they're smooth.
I'd say ravines are okay. They are missing the "ledges", and perhaps some distortions, but I don't want to go there now.
Thanks given by:
sounds cool Smile but i am now on holiday. Can you upload some pictures??
Thanks given by:
Regular ravine. Notice the smooth walls:
[Image: ravine_1.png]

Two ravines intersecting:
[Image: ravine_2.png]

Another intersection:
[Image: ravine_3.png]
And one screen from Minutor:
[Image: ravine_m.png]
Thanks given by:
Wow thats looking coolBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I just implemented a new cave generator, DualRidgeCaves. It's not as good as WormNestCaves will be, but it's much better than MarbleCaves. I'm actually thinking of letting it stay and perhaps modify it to produce a "badlands" biome.
Thanks given by:
The wormnest caves are progressing pretty nicely, I'd say. Unlike Ravines, which were a pain to wrap my head around, I have a pretty clear picture in my head about the caves' algorithm. Now just to put it in code and test, adjust and test again Smile
Thanks given by: