Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I've just noticed that the official MC got a lot of generator customization in the latest weekly snapshots. But nowhere near MCS's customization Smile
Thanks given by:
It seemed to me that MCServer is using a bit too much memory (600 MiB for a single player), so I decided to tweak the leak finder to give me a detailed report on what memory was allocated. I made it into a server console command, and ran it. It started dumping to a file, and has been dumping for 10 minutes already. I wonder how long it'll takeTongue
Thanks given by:
I thought it was just me,
I noticed even on idle it often used around 800mb on linux :p.
Thanks given by:
oh yeah! It took 15 minutes and produced a 300 MiB XML file that no program is able to openTongue
Thanks given by:
notepad+
Thanks given by:
Yeah Notepad++ will open it, though it will have trouble
Thanks given by:
It does open the file, and it even does proper collapsing, which is what I needed. Though it eats up 1 GiB of RAM for that and the collapsing takes some 5 minutesTongue

I've come to the conclusion that the memory usage is caused by the leak finder - for each 12 bytes that the Lua engine requests it stores the entire stack, thus inflating the overall memory footprint several-times-fold.

When I compiled in Release mode (without the leakfinder), the memory usage didn't reach even 100 MiB.
Thanks given by:
lol duhTongue I was already worried you guys were talking about Release mode, that would be bad!
Thanks given by:
Weird,

For linux i use release=1 and it does run in release as i dont get the debug messages.
Yet i noticed it sometimes using up to 800mb ram with nobody online.

And crashing with basic stuff as digging..
Thanks given by:
Still, even in Debug the memory footprint has never been this large.

Anyway, here's a screenshot from my testing. I call it "the nightmare" Smile Had spawned about a thousand of them.
[Image: creeper_horde.jpg]
Thanks given by: