Random Chitchat 2012-2016
while i was messing with my login plugin that you can't kill people if they are not logged in i noticed that the hunger bar goes down and you can get killed by it. is this already known?
Thanks given by:
One crazy idea coming up Wink

We could, purely theoretically, make it so that water lakes generate in the Nether. But as soon as the water updates, the Vaporize simulator would, of course, dry up the entire lake. Wouldn't that be cool? If you're fast enough, you could find a real water lake in the Nether, but as soon as you do anything about it, swoooosh, it's gone in a gust of vapor Smile

For this to work, I'd need to finish the water lake generator (obviously) and I'd need to split the PreSimulator finisher into separate parts for sand, gravel, water and lava, so that water can be switched off while keeping the rest of them.
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE
Wow, that sounds cool Smile
Thanks given by:
I have made another change that adds even more performance to both the chunk generator and fluid simulator. It looks promising - from 90 to 115 generated chunks per second. I just need to verify that it didn't break anything, especially in the fluid simulator. That will take some more time.
Thanks given by:
There seem to be a lot of performance increases something i really love!
More so since more feature's keep getting added that only make it more easy to actually use it to run a minecraft server with it.

MCServer fast as hell, and most needed feature's.
If thats the case big servers are going to love MCServerBig Grin.

Can't wait to see whats more to come to mcserver to make this a reality.
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2013, 06:42 AM)xoft Wrote: 1, Use a "for" loop, because you know the limits beforehand; a for loop is usually better optimized than a while loop. Also it's more readable.
2, Use a cBlockArea object to read the data around the player and then access it easily on a block-by-block basis. The cBlockArea should be properly documented in the Wiki

I Don't realy know how a for loop works :S i'm still a beginner with lua ;P
with the cBlockArea, i realy don't know how to use that. it has allot of features but i don't know how to make it see an area around a player and do something for every block in that area. could you give me an example maybe?
Thanks given by:
Trouble, trouble... The Floody fluid simulator is broken, it's very hesitant to remove water. Now I need to find out if it has been there forever or some of the changes did that.
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2013, 03:17 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 06:42 AM)xoft Wrote: 1, Use a "for" loop, because you know the limits beforehand; a for loop is usually better optimized than a while loop. Also it's more readable.
2, Use a cBlockArea object to read the data around the player and then access it easily on a block-by-block basis. The cBlockArea should be properly documented in the Wiki

I Don't realy know how a for loop works :S i'm still a beginner with lua ;P
with the cBlockArea, i realy don't know how to use that. it has allot of features but i don't know how to make it see an area around a player and do something for every block in that area. could you give me an example maybe?

In Lua, a for loop is simply:

Code:
for i=1,10 do
  -- Stuff Here
end
Thanks given by:
yes i know how a for loop looks like but i don't realy know what it does and how to work with it.
Thanks given by:
Code:
for i=1,10 do
  -- Stuff Here will be executed 10 times
  -- You can use the i variable here, each time it will have a value 1 higher than the previous time
  LOG(i);  -- example
end
This example will LOG numbers 1 to 10.
That's really all there is to a for loop.
Thanks given by: