Random Chitchat 2012-2016
MCServer has nothing to do with this, it's Mojang's servers being nonresponsive.

I'm fixing the TNTs now and just for fun tried to explode some 3000 TNTs. The server didn't even wink, but the client almost diedTongue

I'd say we'll need some form of an explosion effect limiter - if there are too many explosion particles being sent to a client, it would silently drop them.

A crude explosion-packet limiter is finished. I'd say it's effective enough, no need to work on anything more advanced. We're successfully masquerading as higher performance thanks to this Smile
Thanks given by:
I've got a patch that makes sure TNT doesn't destroy any blocks when it is in water/lava:

Attached Files
.patch   ChunkMap.cpp.patch (Size: 654 bytes / Downloads: 179)
Thanks given by:
Add a comment describing what that piece of code does, and commit it
Thanks given by:
Oh god I can't wait to see TNT exploding everywhere without waiting a whole day before the server finaly runs again.
Thanks given by:
I also want to see TNT, but a hacker attacked Host1free and they are having trouble with VPS. I can't live without my VPS!
One question, when will you work on physics (mobs,boats,arrows..)? I'm waiting for it, and keyboard didn't commited anything in one month. I think physics is the only thing that MCServer needs to be like Vanilla.
Thanks given by:
(06-19-2013, 11:49 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: I think physics is the only thing that MCServer needs to be like Vanilla.

No MCServer needs a lot more then physics to be like Vanilla. For example redstone but both are realy hard to implent.
Thanks given by:
(06-19-2013, 11:52 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: No MCServer needs a lot more then physics to be like Vanilla. For example redstone but both are realy hard to implent.
I think redstone is physics.
For me physics are projectile items, boats, minecarts, water/lava, mobs/players and redstone.
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2013, 12:06 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: I think redstone is physics.

Physics is not redstone. Physics is falling and colliding etc. And as far as I know redstone does not do that.
Thanks given by:
Strictly speaking, everything is physics. Fluid simulation is physics, too, as is redstone etc. But normally redstone is such a big area that it's usually pulled out and spoken about separately.

Anyway, doesn't matter, we need both Smile
Thanks given by:
Please fix FS#381
I'm thinking about making a plugin that allows you to set mob spawn points, because mobs spawned with eggs work, they aren't interactive and don't move only when spawn normally (AnimalsOn=1)
Thanks given by: