Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(07-03-2013, 04:52 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: I can confirm irresponsive pickups bug is when changing world. [...]

Didn't irresponsive pickups appear before your meddling with the /gotoworld command? Were you even using multiple worlds back then?

(07-03-2013, 05:31 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I tried to fix FS#403 and this is what i've come up with.

It's not ideal, but it does the job for now. I'd like mobs to be completely per-world configurable, in world.ini, with reasonable defaults as per the world's dimension. That'd be quite a bit more involved, though.

I think you can safely remove the biome check in the dimOverworld branch, for now it'd be best to keep the mobs either per-dimension, or per-biome, but not both at the same time. Then commit the changes.

(06-16-2013, 08:00 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: So i tried some multiple worlds and I've noticed that when you use /gotoworld you don't get the moving to "world" message like this: http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2010/12/M...90x339.jpg . I have an easy fix for it: add HandleRespawn before the StreamChunks in the MoveToWorld function.

Sorry to revive this ancient thing, but I just stumbled upon it and it makes no sense to me. Shouldn't it be SendRespawn(), rather than HandleRespawn()? Because HandleRespawn() does the processing required when the *client* sends the respawn packet - such as resetting health and moving to the spawn point. SendRespawn actually sends the respawn packet *to* the client.

Problem with SendRespawn() is that the protocol docs say "don't send it if not changing the dimension" ( http://wiki.vg/Protocol#0x09 ), so it should NOT be sent when moving between worlds of the same dimension. That gets too complicated.
Thanks given by:
Is it send when changing dimension in MCServer?. If it is modyfing core we could add that before player is in other world, he is teleported to the nether 1 second and then to the world you want to go. It should fix the bug.

I fixed LimitWorld, you missed to update it. It was using TeleportTo. You could go out of the world.

Attached Files
.lua   onplayermoving.lua (Size: 886 bytes / Downloads: 186)
Thanks given by:
I have changed the code so that it sends the Respawn packet, if the two worlds are of different dimensions; otherwise it doesn't send it (and the client just overwrites the existing chunks, kinda funky to watch Smile ).

I think I've fixed the world-moving in rev 1641, go ahead and try it out. The nightbuild should be out momentarily. Let's hope this was the last we heard from irresponsive pickups Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 04:43 PM)xoft Wrote: I think you can safely remove the biome check in the dimOverworld branch, for now it'd be best to keep the mobs either per-dimension, or per-biome, but not both at the same time. Then commit the changes.

But what about Ocelots? They should only be able to spawn in jungles. Slimes should be able to spawn in swamps at night etc.
Thanks given by:
When a bug is fixed other bug appears Sad.
When I change world, all goes right, but with LimitWorld enabled (I have it) change world doesnt work. Maybe I'll make a video because it's very strange.
You "fly" to the other world.

(07-03-2013, 06:12 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: But what about Ocelots? They should only be able to spawn in jungles. Slimes should be able to spawn in swamps at night etc.
You're right. Now in MCServer you see silverfish everywhere and slimes in mountains.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 06:12 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: When a bug is fixed other bug appears Sad.
When I change world, all goes right, but with LimitWorld enabled (I have it) change world doesnt work. Maybe I'll make a video because it's very strange.
You "fly" to the other world.

Thats probably becouse when you move to a world your coordinates won't change to the coordinates of the world spawn. Becouse of that the server sees you are not in the allowed area and you get "teleported" block by block to the world spawn.

When I change worlds now my client stays on the "Downloading terrain" screen.
Thanks given by:
Here is the video.
Thanks given by:
I think the best solution would be for the /gotoworld command to check the destination world's LimitWorld status and teleport the player as well as moving to the new world.

(07-03-2013, 06:12 PM)tonibm19 Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 06:12 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: But what about Ocelots? They should only be able to spawn in jungles. Slimes should be able to spawn in swamps at night etc.
You're right. Now in MCServer you see silverfish everywhere and slimes in mountains.

Mgueydan wants to join the dev team and is anxious to do something, so I gave him this.
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...29#pid8829
Thanks given by:
This is very strange. Now I can't change world. See yourself.
Thanks given by:
You are changing worlds but since the client doesn't get a respawn packet if you don't change dimension you have to move (as you saw when you used /spawn ) before getting the new chunks.
Thanks given by: