Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(07-09-2013, 04:43 PM)xoft Wrote: The crashdumps that you posted are not detailed enough. Start the server using the "MCServer_high_detail_debug.cmd" file, that will produce more detailed crashdumps (in the order of tens of megabytes large, but they compress really well)
But, if I do, will server go slow? And what about medium detail debug?

Fucking 1.6.2! Now I can't go in, when I connect to my MCServer server client crashes!

Crash report
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You're mean.

Time: 9/07/13 9:17
Description: Deserializing Message

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated string at line 1 column 13
    at com.google.gson.internal.Streams.parse(Streams.java:56)
    at com.google.gson.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:54)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:795)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:761)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:710)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:682)
    at cu.c(SourceFile:220)
    at bct.a(SourceFile:522)
    at dl.a(SourceFile:49)
    at cn.b(SourceFile:354)
    at bct.e(SourceFile:98)
    at bcv.c(SourceFile:71)
    at ats.k(SourceFile:1173)
    at ats.S(SourceFile:663)
    at ats.d(SourceFile:619)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated string at line 1 column 13
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1310)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextString(JsonReader.java:1046)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextValue(JsonReader.java:784)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.objectValue(JsonReader.java:766)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:380)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$25.read(TypeAdapters.java:635)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$25.read(TypeAdapters.java:658)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$25.read(TypeAdapters.java:633)
    at com.google.gson.internal.Streams.parse(Streams.java:44)
    ... 15 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
    at com.google.gson.internal.Streams.parse(Streams.java:56)
    at com.google.gson.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:54)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:795)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:761)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:710)
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:682)

-- Serialized Message --
Details:
    JSON string: {"text":"§6P
Stacktrace:
    at cu.c(SourceFile:220)
    at bct.a(SourceFile:522)
    at dl.a(SourceFile:49)
    at cn.b(SourceFile:354)
    at bct.e(SourceFile:98)
    at bcv.c(SourceFile:71)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
    Screen name: bcv
Stacktrace:
    at ats.k(SourceFile:1173)
    at ats.S(SourceFile:663)
    at ats.d(SourceFile:619)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
    Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.6.0_38, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Memory: 19492104 bytes (18 MB) / 66379776 bytes (63 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1G
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: No suspicious classes found.
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    Launched Version: 1.6.2
    LWJGL: 2.9.0
    OpenGL: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2/3DNOW! GL version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation
    Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Pack: Default
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Ok, crashes with 1.6.1 too, I don't know what's wrong, I'll update java.

With Java 7 happens the same

This is really strange, If I redownloand MCserver at all, replacing all plugins and worlds, game not crashes, but if I only replace MCServer.exe, it crashes, why?
Thanks given by:
No, the crashdump detail-ness does not effect the server speed in any way.

From the MC crash report I'd venture to say that the client doesn't like some message that the server (or a plugin) is sending.
Thanks given by:
Can you give us a list of all the plugins? Also the error message you gave says:
Code:
Details:
    JSON string: {"text":"§6P
so maybe it has something to do with colors.
Thanks given by:
I've tried throwing all kinds of message strings at the client, but still it works okay for me. Colors work okay.
Thanks given by:
How can I change protocol version used in MCServer? What have I to add in settings.ini?
If I do with WebAdmin nothing changes in settings.ini and server is 1.6.2
Thanks given by:
you can use the console command, "primaryserverversion", or add [Server].PrimaryServerVersion to the settings.ini file: http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=co...er_section
Thanks given by:
Now I had an idea. Would be posible that payers with some versions could play together? It would be very nice. I know this maybe would be posible only if players could see contents of their client. For example, players of 1.2.5 and 1.5.2 could play together, but 1.2.5 wouldn't see redstone blocks, hoppers...
Thanks given by:
I saw that wolf die instantly. Here is monsters.ini with wolf. I want to make mobs damage and damage ratio like vanilla server. Where can I find some documentation?

Attached Files
.zip   wolf.zip (Size: 401 bytes / Downloads: 199)
Thanks given by:
Players with different versions already can play together in one world, but once a newer client places some new block, the old clients will crash. The server could, theoretically, filter out the blocks unknown to the old versions, but it would put too much strain on the server, and with very little gain - I don't think there are too many people with older versions of MC.
Thanks given by:
I tried some code handling the hunger, but now I got some really weird results. The player runs out of food in just a few steps. Somehow, burning the food bar is way too fast. This will still need some more work.

On a more positive note, the code can now pretty surely detect when the player jumps (believe it or not, there's no native support for it in the protocol!) so it decreases the food level correctly for jumping. This was something I had been afraid that would be difficult.
Thanks given by: