Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(07-21-2013, 05:15 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: coredump:http://www.mediafire.com/?p1g1l2a2lyl3i14
executable:http://ci.berboe.co.uk/job/MCServer%20Linux-x86-64/596/

For some reason my GDB won't recognize the files:
Code:
"MCServer": not in executable format: File format not recognized
"core.623" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

I suppose that might be because I'm using a 32-bit linux VM and the dumps are from a 64-bit OS. Perhaps you could do the post-mortem analysis for me, as described in the linux crash reporting guide?
Thanks given by:
Now I can't, i'm trying to make a pocketmine server and I use centos5 (not compatible with MCServer). I'll try to reproduce the crash on windows x32

Now I can't reproduce itConfused. What I only can tell you is that it happens when changing world or joining server
Thanks given by:
Does compiling your own work on CentOS5? If it's only my CI-built one, you may be able to get a more updated version of the libraries that it requires and make it work.
Thanks given by:
(07-24-2013, 04:35 AM)bearbin Wrote: Does compiling your own work on CentOS5? If it's only my CI-built one, you may be able to get a more updated version of the libraries that it requires and make it work.
I didn't try. With Centos 6 it works.
Thanks given by:
It's probably to do with the libc version on the buildserver. It uses a fairly new one and unfortunately they're not very backwards-compatible so it's probably the issue.
Thanks given by:
I compiled it in my server and now it works. Can you use an older version of libc in your server, bearbin?
Thanks given by:
I'm not exactly sure how do do that... Do you?
Thanks given by:
I have tried some more valgrind magic on MCServer, this time something called helgrind. It should list areas in the code that are prone to multithreading issues, such as possible race conditions and deadlocks. Unfortunately it seems my linux VM is rather dated and uses a bad STL lib that causes lots and lots of false positives in the string handling code, so anything useful gets drowned in pools of useless STL-related bloat.

I did, however, manage to get a peek at a few issues. Helgrind doesn't like our handling of the threads - setting the m_ShouldTerminate member variable to signal to the thread that it should terminate; it says possible race condition. Since I can argue that the usage is valid, I'll probably wrap that into a function and add that function to the helgrind suppressions file so that it isn't listed anymore.

I have yet to try logging in with a client to a helgrinded server...

Hmm, I seem unable to log in to wiki.vg, it says >>There is no user by the name "Xoft".<< WTF?
Thanks given by:
(07-25-2013, 05:31 AM)bearbin Wrote: I'm not exactly sure how do do that... Do you?
I think the only way is reinstalling the os to an older os, or maybe replace libc files with older, but better don't do nothing
Thanks given by:
Now that hunger seems implemented, I'll need to also implement eating properly Smile
Thanks given by: