Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I first had the GTS 250, the that one broke so I used my brothers old GT 9600. I can now finaly play with Fancy graphics and far rendering without lagg again.

Windows index gives this GPU a 7.3. It gave the GTS 250 a 6.9 so this one is slightly better.
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah so for you it would be a upgrade.
I had so much problems playing games i would get like bsod and crap.
Onboard video card, i was like going to buy new video card, but right now im tight on cash so i took a risk and flashed by bios.
So far no more problems but only did it yesterday and have only played minecraft.

Normaly only get it due skype or high end games so.. will have to wait otherwise i need to buy new video card Sad.
Thinking about a 2gb card though. might as well save up some more for new hdd as well. its seeing its end soonish.
Thanks given by:
Wow, the Release 1.6 series finally allows us to drop the need for PrimaryVersion. Kinda.

The ServerlistPing packet is followed by a PluginMessage packet specifying the client version. However, because that packet wasn't there before, MCServer would need to wait for it with some kind of a timeout, producing a false ping delay in the older clients. WHY don't they send the protocol version BEFORE the ServerlistPing?

Ref.: http://wiki.vg/Server_List_Ping
Thanks given by:
I think I've fixed a major issue with the client consuming too much RAM when connected to MCS. We didn't send any UnloadChunk packets for 1.3.2+ clients - because the protocol didn't have an UnloadChunk packet. What remained hidden was that chunks were unloaded using the regular ChunkData packet. I've implemented that now, so the clients should be much more manageable RAM-wise.
Thanks given by:
I like how the past fifteen commits have all been APIDump related.

Also, I think we have a major (but core dump-less) problem with one of the recent changes causing MCServer on Debian Wheezy to crash on client login.

FS #431. It may have been a change to the clang compiling thingy, but I will go through the builds to test.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, APIDump is a big project now, and it is in a stage when it can already be used. In case you didn't try it, have a look at what it already does here: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/LuaAPI/
Yes, I know it looks ugly, but that's just a matter of proper CSS (anyone is welcome to contribute one); the main thing is that it has ALL the API functions exported by MCS, and it will automagically append descriptions to those functions that have been documented.

As for the crash - if it crashes in a debug build, then try following the crash reporting guide on the "Live analysis" paragraph. This should help us locate the bug.
Thanks given by:
Minecraft 1.7 and how it will affect MCS in a nutshell:

Distance to complete vanilla replication -= 250.

Seriously, read the change logs. The command blocks themselves are like, impossible. We need ten more xofts for a realistic possiblility of MCS becoming mainstreamTongue
Thanks given by:
Well no wonder, they've got more than five people working on it full-time, we've got only a handful of volunteers working on MCS in our free time.
Thanks given by:
(09-15-2013, 06:09 PM)xoft Wrote: Well no wonder, they've got more than five people working on it full-time, we've got only a handful of volunteers working on MCS in our free time.

That sums up the situation very well. Speaking of volunteers, FakeTruth should do stuff again!
Thanks given by:
Well FakeTruth made MCServer open source becouse he didn't have the time to work on MCServer anymore, so it makes sense that he doesn't do allot.
Thanks given by: