Trying to fix this for kids, can't log on using other computers
wow thanks so much. Yes i am port forwarding on my router. The kids have some friends not connected to my local router they would like to play with. I set up the mc server on the pc with win 7. When I went to the iMac on the same network I tried to log in and on the pc win 7 mc server it said 192.168.1.142 is using an invalid protocol. That was the ip from the mac so at least i saw it tried to get through.
I then researched this on the forums to find the invalid protocol error. and it said that the mc server did not support the newest mine craft, however later down the thread it said that this had been fixed.
I also flashed my e32oo cisco to the tomato firm wear and got rid of the cisco firm wear. In the tomato firm wear I made sure that ump and nat were ok to use. Then i disabled the firewall on the router.
Tried it again and still can not reach the server on the pc. The mine craft on the pc can reach is fine. My next try I think I will install the mcserver and put it on the IMAC. Its a intel 64 iMac with about 8 gigs.
Maybye I can get it to work when I put it on the iMac. This has been tough to make work. I have tried YAMs on th epc and it worked briefly. Then I read up about servers and they said the mcserver was very good. The kids want me to set up a bukkit server which I did on the iMac but could not get it to work.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to fix this for kids, can't log on using other computers - by timjordan - 04-18-2014, 07:58 AM