questions about modding/plugins/etc
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Some of these things should be do-able with the current API support. Some would require more work on the C++ backend. Some are very unlikely to be implemented anytime soon.

1. The plugin would have to keep track of the stats (perhaps the new scoreboard implementation could be (ab)used for that), and actually implement the behavior for them. I'm not sure what they each would mean for the gameplay in minecraft, I assume it'd work something like this:
- Strength: for each level, an increasing random chance of higher damage per melee hit (perfectly doable rightaway)
- Agility: increased player speed for each level (doable)
- Sta - ?
- Per - ?
- Int: Intelligence? No idea what that would affect
- Luck: Could be random loot bonus, could be randomly increased mined block drops

2. Class needs to be tracker in the plugin, the mechanics should be fully doable now

3. I'm not entirely sure how these spells / skills would translate into MC world. Some stuff, such as Healing, should be easy enough to add, others, mainly which interact with the AI, would be impossible (the AI is being rewritten nowadays, so maybe this'll change soon)

4. Impossible to do without an accompanying client-side mod. And Cuberite is not prepared for slot count changes, either.

5. Needs an accompanying client-side mod.

There's no access to the server's RNG, but that should not be an issue, mostly. The plugins can already intercept most actions that make use of the internal RNG, so it can manipulate the result (more drops, higher melee damage etc.). And for the other way around (plugin needing an RNG to generate random numbers), Lua's built-in RNG "math.random" can be used.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by xoft - 09-06-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by xoft - 09-07-2017, 06:10 PM