questions about modding/plugins/etc
Yeah I was afraid that some of what I wanted to do would not be possible without "modding" on server/client both, versus plugins on the server side only. I saw that a guy was working on getting Forge working w/Cuberite, I suppose that would allow for modding to work? Kind of a bummer on the slot tweak issue, but there's a backpack plugin for Cuberite that I downloaded yesterday (haven't set it up yet), so maybe it does work in theory??

On the stats, it's Strength/Agility/Stamina/Personality/Intelligence/Luck, per DCC. I was thinking Str/Agi in some formula would affect how many items you could carry total, so there's some variability, and worn containers become helpful (backpack/pouches/sacks). Stamina would affect how fast your hunger bar decreases, so you could sprint much longer, etc. Maybe have it give a small bonus to armor at base. Personality would affect the cleric-y abilities like healing, turn undead (which would need a crafted item, but wouldn't use it up; or maybe it would, haven't decided). Maybe some charm-like abilities later on, or trading with villagers. Intelligence would affect spell effects and enchantment (only wizards can enchant). And Luck would be, as you say, very helpful with drops, as well as having its bonus/penalty being factored into any randomized result rolls.

It sounds like it should be pretty easy to create the classes and have those be selectable at level 1 right now. Then maybe I move on to stats?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by xoft - 09-06-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by meteor_bro - 09-06-2017, 10:46 PM
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by xoft - 09-07-2017, 06:10 PM