Trying to fix this for kids, can't log on using other computers
Rainbow 
Trying to fix this for my kids. Could use some help. Can not seem to log in on other computers but the computer that the server is running on can reach the server through mine craft. I can reach the world and play on the computer running the server.

When I am on the computer that is running your sever I can go to multiplayer and see the server running. When I click edit it says it is running on 192.168.1.140

I believe this server runs on 25565

So I go into my router (e3200 cisco) and put in 25565 in both port slots (in and out) and the forwarding address is 192.168.1.140 I choose both tcp udp.

I check my ip online for this computer and its 24.blahblah

I then go to another computer on my network and put in various addresses trying to reach the server.
I try:
192.168.1.140:25565
24.blahblah
24.blahblah:25565
localhost

None of those work.
Then try to log into the sever on the pc running it with
http://localhost:8080/
says needs authorization

I searched the mc server site for a faq, or explanation on how to go in, or what the defaults passwords were. I did not find it.
I went to the computer running the server and turned off the avast antivirus and the windows firewall (win 7) Still can not reach it.

I am trying to make this work for my kiddos, thanks if you can help!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Trying to fix this for kids, can't log on using other computers - by timjordan - 04-18-2014, 03:51 AM