Trees and Biome generator stuff
Hey, I'm back! Smile
After a break of not playing minecraft (because it bored me) i'm now interested in doing stuff again.

I had the idea of doing multiple kinds of generators.

There is the MCServer one:
- It's like you want to (don't have a special idea how it looks like thoughTongue)

The Vanilla one:
- Vanilla like terrain and trees
-> because most people expect the terrain and stuff being like bukkit if they use this as an alternative)

The realistic one:
By realistic i mean more tree variations and not these repetative vanilla ones,
smooth fade-out/fade-in of biomes, not a simple line, or just a river (that's really lazy in my opinion) like so:
[Image: iaifa33wu3.png]

Terrain features like rocks, tree trunks laying on the ground, warped trees (don't know if it is the right word, but trees that are not straight because of the wind),
small bushes etc.

Rare oceans, but if there is an ocean it's huuuuuuuge and has small islands in it rarely. (already implemented, kinda)

Realistc ordered biomes (No jungle would be next to a Taiga like now)
Warm biome -> Normal Biome -> Cold Biome
Diffrent tree and grass density per biome:
Lots of Trees in the Forest, Rarely Trees in Savannas
Lots of grass in Savannas, less grass in Forests (maybe even podzol?)

Biome based Villages
I know, there is already biome specific villages, but they are often generated in 2 diffrent biomes so e.g. sometimes there are desert houses in savanna.
I would check, how much space is left two the next biome so when there is no more space it stops generating (and has a min. size).
The paths are to "plain" so i would rough them up and curve them a bit (the chinese villages still can have these straight paths as it it their style)

For the Trees i came up with a cool system, so i can make my good looking trees:
When the trees are generated, the are generated with the leaves that decay if there isn't a trunk nearby. BUT the don't get updated, so they won't decay until someone chops down the tree so the leaves get updated block by block.
That way i can make leaves that only connect vertical to other leaves. (If block updates are caused by every block in a 3x3x3 are around the block)

Then the custom one:
Like the 1.8 custom terrain thing, where you can adjust the noise and stuff by hand

I played around with it and i now have pretty good knowledge of terrain generation
and what kind of things lead to what terrain style so i could "configure" those generators (i can't code themTongue)

Now i like to hear your opinion...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Trees and Biome generator stuff - by AntherusCraft - 11-30-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by NiLSPACE - 11-30-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 11-30-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 11-30-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 12-03-2014, 04:13 AM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 01-23-2015, 05:30 AM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 01-23-2015, 07:08 AM