Could I have some performance test data?
(04-26-2015, 02:06 AM)worktycho Wrote: The main reason we haven't got any data is that no one has yet produced a better way of load testing minecraft servers than just loading up a lot of clients which is extremely intensive work (you'll run out of compute resources for clients long before exercising a good server unless you have a lot of machines). So there aren't much in the way of benchmarks. Just semi anecdotal stuff like Howeners test. We'd love to see some stats if you could produce a test.

I should choose aa appropriate server to do the next step, if everything work great, the max of on-line players would be more than 1,000,000. At that time, I will contribute my test result.Smile

(04-26-2015, 02:11 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: MCServer can be a little unstable. Especially if you have entities or simulators enabled like redstone. Badly written plugin's can also cause a crash, so it's worth to test some plugins first.

I'm afraid you can't use the plugins and mods from Bukkit or Spigot. It's not only that the language is different, but especially the architecture. If you want a mod or plugin from Spigot/Bukit/Vanilla the author (or somebody else) has to completely rewrite it as either a Lua plugin, or integrate it in the server itself.

How dose the number of developer contributed plugins/mods for this server ?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could I have some performance test data? - by leozzyzheng - 04-26-2015, 02:13 AM
Thousands or millions? - by LogicParrot - 04-26-2015, 03:01 AM