Spreading too thin
Expending disproportionate effort on trivial matters is known as bikeshedding, or Parkinson’s Law of Triviality, and I feel the community, myself included at times, often does just that. The intention of this post is constructive criticism, no disrespect intended.

Cuberite has quite a few essential missing features at the moment, and I believe things like imporving stability, polishing the Lua API, imporving entities, mobs, documentation, 1.10 block support, etc should be the top priority.

But brain-power is often being spent on far less important discussions or features such as YAML support, turning Cuberite into a library, implementing complicated optimizations, Integrating Redis, building a plugin repo, overhauling the admin web API with javascript, adding Javascript, Python, or LuaJIT support, etc.

Fortunately little to no code has been written for most of these ideas yet (with the exception of the repo and the smart chunk solution). But I just wanted to remind the community that while new cool features are nice, in my opinion, we should prioritize becoming on par with Bukkit in all the essential aspects, and we shouldn't spread too thin.
Thanks given by: PCPlayerLV

Messages In This Thread
Spreading too thin - by LogicParrot - 01-14-2017, 11:58 PM
RE: Spreading too thin - by xoft - 01-15-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: Spreading too thin - by yangm97 - 01-15-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Spreading too thin - by sphinxc0re - 01-16-2017, 02:20 AM
RE: Spreading too thin - by LogicParrot - 01-16-2017, 03:39 AM
RE: Spreading too thin - by omboner44 - 07-22-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: Spreading too thin - by tigerw - 07-22-2017, 07:26 AM