It's freaking faster! Cheers and questions
Hi there.
One moar russian dev arrived (not related in any way with another guy somewhere nearby)
My friend and I runs minecraft server, and we think it's time to give it a bit more kick and run it on new rails!
So, why I'm sitting there writing this message to you? Because what you have done there is an astonishing achievement.
Just 2 figures to let you know HOW FAST that thing is (if you're still thinking about using this server):

Minecraft client singleplayer mode: 2-15 FPS (yeah, my PC is rubbish)
MC-server running AT SAME PC + Minecraft client connected locally: 15-30 FPS

If you don't know what FPS is and what the hell this guy is about, I'll explain: it means that running this server AND client is FASTER than running client in singleplayer.

I tried stable release (r183 I guess), and I got couple of questions:
  • Should I use cut-edge revision? How far about gameplay details (what player will interact with) it's from r183? (I mean mobs, etc)
  • We used to use bukkit with Towny and chestshop, so far it seems EEEEEAAAASYYYY to make plugins with lua for server side and it's not kind of big deal for me to write their analogs, but maybe I've missed something and there's already alternative with similar-to-exact functionality? (Yes, I've spotted "RpgRegions" plugin, haven't time to play with it yet)
  • It might be just a weirdes seed ever, but I got a very strange cavern while testing... And TONS of flowers and mushrooms on surface - are you guys using your own world generator?
  • And one more thing: where I should look for plugin-plugin interactions? (If there is one) I mean I would be glad to make basic "money" plugin and then use it's functionality in other plugins (like chestShop alternative)

We're planning quite long development cycle (about a month of two men full-time work on plugins) and sneak peek at project's activity makes me think that all needed functionality will be implemented right by the time we need to launch server again. Where I can take a look at list of "to be implemented" features? It would be greatly appretiated to have sheeps and Nether dimension by launch date...

Again: you've done GREAT work there!
P.S.
I'm an indie game developer so I know how importaint cheering isConfusedleepy:
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
It's freaking faster! Cheers and questions - by Taugeshtu - 02-05-2012, 09:55 AM