It's freaking faster! Cheers and questions
You can feel free to stay up to date on revisions on the SVN but I'd always keep a working stable copy and just overwrite the binary (and possibly any changed files like the webserver stuff or settings) from a separate SVN install. Most revisions released are pretty stable and if not, they get fixed fast. Chances are if you check it out, it will work.

The Lua plugins here directly hook to the engine classes/methods and most of it is written with whatever names the devs here wanted to call it, so I'm pretty sure any Lua plugins from any other system will need rewriting a lot.

The world generation is custom and pretty basic. If you know any c++ you can make your own generator and use that instead.

Not sure on the last point.

To speak to your first paragraph, it's the same sort of reason why I got into this, just it can simply be a lot better than the java official server, especially since it's completely open source so you're free to do with it as you want.

Cheers, great to see more enthusiastic members all the time and can't wait for any additions/releases you might have for the community in the future!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's freaking faster! Cheers and questions - by mtilden - 02-05-2012, 12:04 PM